Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tubular Side Steps??

Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tubular Side Steps??

I called 2 dealers parts dept. and both looked at Chrysler master parts listing and could not find them to order. They're on the Sahara over at the other dealer and I think comes standard on that. I ask him if someone would buy your Sahara and have an accident a day later how would you replace the Side Steps, he said very good question. I have my local 4X4 shop checking for Westin aftermarket, believe me, these keep the crazies from hitting your doors at store parking lots. Any info on aftermarket would be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey nam6869usmc, if you plan on wheeling your JK at all, I would strongly recommend NOT getting those tube side steps. Believe me, they are nothing but trouble on the trail and will just hang you up on the easiest of obsticals or just get ripped off. If you don't plan on doing any wheeling, then I'd give it about a month or so before they get in the system and your dealer can order them for you.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hey nam6869usmc, if you plan on wheeling your JK at all, I would strongly recommend NOT getting those tube side steps. Believe me, they are nothing but trouble on the trail and will just hang you up on the easiest of obsticals or just get ripped off. If you don't plan on doing any wheeling, then I'd give it about a month or so before they get in the system and your dealer can order them for you.
Good advice, but my wheeling will be just Mt Roads , Fire trails(mild) ........used to take my Modded 1979 CJ-7 & 1948 Willy's down the creek beds, had a blast , now wife wife wife wife...not with this jeep she said.
So you think in a month they'll have them in thier system(great news). Thx
Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

talked to my dealer's parts department all jk parts will be available to order by mid December
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

it would be nice to see a set of side steps developed that would also work as functional rock rails
Old 10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bLITZ
it would be nice to see a set of side steps developed that would also work as functional rock rails
There are actually quite a few companies that make rocker guards that do just that on the TJ now. And, I have no doubts that they'll come out with stuff for the JK too
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the dealer throw in a set when I bought my JK Sunday (3 days ago). They are in the catalog. You really hae to look though. The 2 door version is pictured, but the caption states that they are O.E. steps for the 4 dr JK. I'll post up if/when they come in. Hopefully it's the correct part.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I had the dealer throw in a set when I bought my JK Sunday (3 days ago). They are in the catalog. You really hae to look though. The 2 door version is pictured, but the caption states that they are O.E. steps for the 4 dr JK. I'll post up if/when they come in. Hopefully it's the correct part.
Good info for me,...I'll call today and tell the parts guy how they're listed in the catalog, hopefully he'll be able ti find what you just stated ..Thx
Old 03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
I called 2 dealers parts dept. and both looked at Chrysler master parts listing and could not find them to order. They're on the Sahara over at the other dealer and I think comes standard on that. I ask him if someone would buy your Sahara and have an accident a day later how would you replace the Side Steps, he said very good question. I have my local 4X4 shop checking for Westin aftermarket, believe me, these keep the crazies from hitting your doors at store parking lots. Any info on aftermarket would be appreciated.
I just took mine off. 2007 Sahara unlimited. Any one want to buy them. I don't like the look. Also - I'm getting new wheels and 35'' tires. Anyone want to buy 5 18" Sahara wheels and tires?

Quick Reply: Tubular Side Steps??