Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tuffy Security Deck vs Tuffy Security Enclosure

Old 06-06-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the more expensive version and the storage space is great. My only issue is that I also have a TrekTopNX softtop and the rear door won't shut with the soft top rear seal and the tuffy seal so I had to remove the one on the box. Still seems to be tight and I have to slam door hard. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas. I'm going to try to move entire box back a half inch if possible. The bolts are exposed but at least it keeps things out of sight- out of mind and stops people from quick grab and run. If they have time to whip out a socket wrench then hopefully alarm scares them away. If not I guess it doesn't matter what I have. Lol. What are the trays some of you spoke about. I have the open space but does the kit offer nicer looking trays?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the tuffy security enclosure for my 2011 2DR. I like it. I didn't lose any storage but I definitely didn't gain any. It just keeps an honest man honest. I have the tuffy center console box too. If somebody wanted into my jeep, regardless of what I put in there, one motivated individual and a crowbar or large screwdriver can have whatever they want. These things are just deterents.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snags922
The bolts on the Security Deck are exposed??? They aren't exposed carriage bolts? That's not secure!!

What's up with the diamond-plate DeeZee box? That looks like it is black chrome - is it? I like that! How is that secured to your Jeep?
I just cut two holes where the rear seat brackets are, then used the rear rear two Jeep tie downs and bolted then using the bolts on the inside, using the DeeZee handle bolts, the adj. brackets things(don't know what there called).

Is held in place very secure and can take it out in 2-3 mins if needed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 005.JPG
Views:	631
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	326322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 004.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	326323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 003.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	326324  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GunDude
I just cut two holes where the rear seat brackets are, then used the rear rear two Jeep tie downs and bolted then using the bolts on the inside, using the DeeZee handle bolts, the adj. brackets things(don't know what there called).

Is held in place very secure and can take it out in 2-3 mins if needed.
That seems secure! Looks great too.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Do you have to drill into the Jeep to "secure" this deck or that that optional? I have one on the way for my 2014 and am getting prepared!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by str8edg
Do you have to drill into the Jeep to "secure" this deck or that that optional? I have one on the way for my 2014 and am getting prepared!
Are you talking about the Tuffy Security Enclosure? I installed mine about 2 years ago so my memory might not be 100%. But I believe there was an optional bolt down location that you have to drill. I know that I did NOT drill anything for my install. The no-drill install was secure enough for my needs. Also, if you switch tops for summer and winter, you need to disconnect some of the Security Enclosure in the process. So, it makes that process a little easier (although it's probably only 2 bolts).
Old 04-14-2014, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's correct. You do not have to drill. You'll have two bolts without drilling and it's quite study.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Great product!

The Tuffy security deck was one of the first things I ever bought for my Jeep. It's a little pricey, but so worth it. If someone really wants to break in, they can get in. But it will take some work. I guess its as much an "out of sight out of mind" type thing for me. I've now installed it 3 different Wranglers...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cheaper security enclosure and I love it. I was on the fence between the two as well and determined I just couldn't justify spending so much more money for what appeared to be minimal differences. The security enclosure does go down the sides at an angle to the top of the wheel wells, and it has a sheet that follows down along the back seat and bolts down to the floor. It's completely secure. As stated before, anyone that really wanted to get in there probably could with a large enough crow bar, but it won't be easy.

I wanted something to secure the trunk area because I run without doors and top a lot, and I needed more secure storage than what the underseat and center console lock boxes had to offer. I got tired of removing all of my recovery gear every time I wanted to run door/topless. I don't regret the purchase at all. It also has a few tie-down provisions on the top corners, and the top is weight bearing. I went camping out to Coyote Canyon with at least 75 lbs worth of stuff strapped to the top of the enclosure, and I was reaching speeds of 30+ on a pretty bumpy washboard road. I noticed I did have to slam the rear door shut because the enclosure top was bowing a little bit in the middle with all the weight up there, but it held just fine and the bowing went away as soon as I removed the weight. It's not what I'd consider super heavy duty metal, but it's heavy duty enough to serve its purpose of securing the trunk area and being capable of holding some weight on top.

I don't have the more expensive one to compare it to, but the option of being able to lift the lid wasn't important to me. If I had to do it all over again I'd buy the exact same item and spend the money saved on other mods. I'm VERY happy with the purchase.

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Deck vs Tuffy Security Enclosure