Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Turn signal is stuck on

Old 12-27-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turn signal is stuck on

Hi Guys,

I have an issue that just started today. When I turn left my turn signal is stuck and keeps on flashing. I have to engage the left about a dozen times before it turns off. I've tried pulling the battery but no luck so I assume it is not a bug in the electrics. It also likes to turn on when I am turning left, I'll finish the turn and it automatically pops turning right again.

Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

It seems to have stopped doing it... But any suggestions if/when it comes back?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Potentially just a switch issue. Has it seen any water/ moisture recently? Do you use your switch often or not so much??
Old 12-29-2013, 09:45 PM
JK Freak

I have problems with mine turning right and left somewhat similar to yours as well. They stick on sometime even after the handle pops back into place. So I have to keep turning it back on and off over and over usually several times or more to get it to turn off. I've gotten used to it, but it makes me chuckle under my breath when I see my girlfriend driving it and it does it to her. She starts running off at the mouth getting pissy at it.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's most likely the switch. Happened to me at increasingly random times. Annoying as heck. Bought and installed a new switch (cost me $130 from the dealer for the switch).
Old 12-30-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls
Potentially just a switch issue. Has it seen any water/ moisture recently? Do you use your switch often or not so much??
No water/moisture recently, been under snow the last few months so the roof has been on. I'd say I use it often, generally every time I make a turn lol.

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
I have problems with mine turning right and left somewhat similar to yours as well. They stick on sometime even after the handle pops back into place. So I have to keep turning it back on and off over and over usually several times or more to get it to turn off. I've gotten used to it, but it makes me chuckle under my breath when I see my girlfriend driving it and it does it to her. She starts running off at the mouth getting pissy at it.

Yep, that sounds exactly like my problem. Girlfriend doesn't drive the Jeep since she can't drive stick, that is pretty funny though.

Originally Posted by RRauzer
It's most likely the switch. Happened to me at increasingly random times. Annoying as heck. Bought and installed a new switch (cost me $130 from the dealer for the switch).
Hm.. I think I'll wait until it gets worse or happens more frequent, its been running good for a few days so I'll save the $130 for now. Knowing Canadian dealer prices its probably close to twice that
Old 12-30-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I'd say I use it often, generally every time I make a turn lol.
I know it seemed like a no-brainer but not everyone uses a turn signal and some folks only make a couple turns a day. Mine doesn't seem much use but yours might. Sounds like you use it so worn contacts could be the culprit.

Next time it acts up see if giving it a little shake does anything. Maybe you can make 'enough' contact again to get it to work. Everything else on the stalk works fine, right??
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls
I know it seemed like a no-brainer but not everyone uses a turn signal and some folks only make a couple turns a day. Mine doesn't seem much use but yours might. Sounds like you use it so worn contacts could be the culprit.

Next time it acts up see if giving it a little shake does anything. Maybe you can make 'enough' contact again to get it to work. Everything else on the stalk works fine, right??
I understand, it does see a fair bit of use, I do use the turn signal on all my turns/lane changes and do make a fair bit of lane changes. I will try shaking it to see if it catches next time. When I noticed it actually turned off last time I wiggled it a fair bit in the standard spot and also in the high beam spot. I'll give it a more persistent wiggle though. Everything else on the stalk works great, no other issues with it.

Quick Reply: Turn signal is stuck on