Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ugh now what's wrong with this thing...

Old 01-05-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugh now what's wrong with this thing...

Haven't a bad few weeks with my JKU 2011 sport.

First the ball joints go and couldn't have been more hassle to change.

Then the ABS/ESP lights come on. Then the check engine light comes out.

All this 45,000 miles.

So the ball joints seem fine for a week now no issues and my death wobble went away. We get a snow storm couple days ago and the ride is clunky on local roads I figure it's just ice and snow buildup since of course I trecked through 1' snowed in roads like a champ.

Now, it hasn't all melted off yet but I looked inside the front tires and cleared out whatever snow and ice I could. But this morning im driving at 70mph on the highway to work and the ride starts wobbling. Nowhere compatible to what my death wobble was whatsoever. More of a strong vibration that is felt up to the steering wheel. It felt like off-balanced tires from snow but unless it's the rear tires I can't see anything substantial in the front just minor buildup.

Could my shocks be done for or is it probably still Mother Nature messing with me?
Old 01-05-2014, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been times I hosed the mud out and still felt a wobble, had to go back and get every little bit.
Also the snow could have taken a weight off (if your weight are inside)
Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It doesn't take much ice build up to mess up a wheel balance.

Quick Reply: Ugh now what's wrong with this thing...