Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Under the Center Console

Old 06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under the Center Console

I wasn't sure where to post this one, but since this'll be useful to people installing the Tuffy Center Console, I figured this would be a good place. :-) Anyway, here's what it looks like under the center console. As others have mentioned, your better off replacing the two long bolts from the kit, with some that are 1" shorter, and don't drill through the body. Instead, you can drill through the plate the console rests on. There's enough space underneath to pass a hand, a nut, and a wrench. So, here's what it looks like under the center console:

Old 06-09-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Default A few pictures of finished install...

Here are a few pictures of the finished Tuffy Center Console installation...

js.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

How solid is that plate that the consol rests on?? I think the whole point of the through the floor mount is to provide a better anchor in case someone wants to yank it out.......Looks good though. I know I liked the top of my tuffy consol compared to the original in my TJ......nice and soft on the elbow.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
How solid is that plate that the consol rests on?? I think the whole point of the through the floor mount is to provide a better anchor in case someone wants to yank it out.......Looks good though. I know I liked the top of my tuffy consol compared to the original in my TJ......nice and soft on the elbow.
It's a nice steel plate. I'm confident it would resist just about anything you could throw at it. Others have also mounted it to that plate instead of going through the body. Once you see it, it's a no brainer to choose that mounting technique.

And yeah, the armrest is a _ton_ more comfortable.

js.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Now if they would just get it out to match either the slate grey or khaki interior....
Old 06-10-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Just looking at that pic and the two cables going back … look like they are the parking brake lines and that they run separate from there to each rear wheel... thus shouldn’t be hard to modify them as independently operable thus giving you “cutting brakes”
Old 06-10-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pikachu
Just looking at that pic and the two cables going back … look like they are the parking brake lines and that they run separate from there to each rear wheel... thus shouldn’t be hard to modify them as independently operable thus giving you “cutting brakes”

Ah good eyes..........very true

Quick Reply: Under the Center Console