Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Uneven or Not?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uneven or Not?

Hello everyone, I am not only new to this forum but also to the Jeep world altogether. I bought a 2012 Sport S and currently looking at a very very minor lift, at most 1.75in. I currently have 305/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers and 18in Trackers. I am not planning on doing any off roading, I just want the Jeep slightly higher, it probably wouldn't really be noticeable to non Jeep people.

I am looking at leveling kits but to be honest it doesn't look like the front of my Jeep is lower than the rear. Can anyone tell me for sure the difference on height from front to back, if there is even one on the 2012 Models.

If there is a difference can anyone clarify for me the highest I can go just using coil spring spacers without having to use any other parts and if I do go with just a 1in spacer do I need to worry about any major issues that can arise.

Also does anyone have a suggestion on what I should as far as brand, type of lift, ect.

Thanks for the help everyone, this forum is SUPER helpful and its nice to know you can post and not worry about negative or inappropriate feedback, I have read a bunch of posts and everyone seemed to really just want to be helpful.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wrangler5-0
Hello everyone, I am not only new to this forum but also to the Jeep world altogether. I bought a 2012 Sport S and currently looking at a very very minor lift, at most 1.75in. I currently have 305/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers and 18in Trackers. I am not planning on doing any off roading, I just want the Jeep slightly higher, it probably wouldn't really be noticeable to non Jeep people.

I am looking at leveling kits but to be honest it doesn't look like the front of my Jeep is lower than the rear. Can anyone tell me for sure the difference on height from front to back, if there is even one on the 2012 Models.

If there is a difference can anyone clarify for me the highest I can go just using coil spring spacers without having to use any other parts and if I do go with just a 1in spacer do I need to worry about any major issues that can arise.

Also does anyone have a suggestion on what I should as far as brand, type of lift, ect.

Thanks for the help everyone, this forum is SUPER helpful and its nice to know you can post and not worry about negative or inappropriate feedback, I have read a bunch of posts and everyone seemed to really just want to be helpful.
Well, my jeeps have 6" front (7" actual) and 4" rear (5" actual) to level them out... I'm not sure about the 2012's stance but assume the are same as 08-10.... I do have a bit more weight on my fronts due to wenches but they are rope not wire so not much added weight...

As for the lift manuf, I'll let the others weigh in on that... I'm partial to full traction
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

You might consider this:

[h=2]EVO-1095 Jeep JK (07+) 1.5" HD Leveling Kit [/h]
It's what I using right now.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

It's harder to see the factory rake on a Jk than a JKU. If you park on a level surface measure to the bottom of the fender (while centered over the wheel from front to back). It'll show you the difference, on my 2012 JKU Sahara it was exactly one inch. A quality TF 1.5" JK Leveling Kit should level it up for you and give you a small lift at the same time for $130. Or you can look on the billboard for stock JKU Rubicon shocks and springs to bring you up 1.5-1.75" for about $250.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 07-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

I love a good wench on the front , lol dont you mean winch
Old 07-14-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
It's harder to see the factory rake on a Jk than a JKU. If you park on a level surface measure to the bottom of the fender (while centered over the wheel from front to back). It'll show you the difference, on my 2012 JKU Sahara it was exactly one inch. A quality set of TF JK 1.5" spacers should level it up for you and give you a small lift at the same time for $130. Or you can look on the billboard for stock JKU Rubicon shocks and springs to bring you up 1.5-1.75" for about $250.
So if you JKU Sahara's front end is lower by 1inch than the rear end, more than likely mine is the same. Your suggestion is Teraflex 1.5" spacers for both the front and rear? Or should I go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit, which lifts the front 2" and the rear 1"? Thanks for the info by the way!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangler5-0
So if you JKU Sahara's front end is lower by 1inch than the rear end, more than likely mine is the same. Your suggestion is Teraflex 1.5" spacers for both the front and rear? Or should I go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit, which lifts the front 2" and the rear 1"? Thanks for the info by the way!
I have the TF leveling kits on my '11 and my wife's '10. We couldn't be happier.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

My mistake Wrangler5-0, I edited the post to say TF 1.5" JK Leveling Kit. Didn't mean to confuse you. Yes this kit will raise the front end 2" and rear 1". It really should come from the factory this way. I would recommend Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers to finish the job too. It'll prevent any rubbing while at full turn and give your Jeep a bolder stance.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 07-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAAM421
I love a good wench on the front , lol dont you mean winch
Nope... I "roped" my wench to the front, wire leaves too many marks!!! Hahaha

Yeah, you got me... Wasn't thinking "again"
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

I know this thead is a little older, but I was searching for the same answer about the rake of the 2012 models. I have a pic that is the most level one I have taken that shows the rake. Yes, the 2012 look to be about an inch different front to rear. It is definitely easier to see on the unlimited, and when parking in my driveway on a slight incline it actually looks level, so I was looking for an definitive answer. So, if anyone else is looking, just open the pic and use your mouse cursor to see the difference.

33's with no lift yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MyJeepWithWheels.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	356567

Quick Reply: Uneven or Not?