Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgradeable lift kit?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgradeable lift kit?

Hello,

I've been tossing around the idea of lifting my Jeep & going with 35" tires. I'd like a 2.5" lift. Is it possible to get a basic 2.5" lift now, then add a long arm kit to after the fact? (Excuse my newbieness, despite having this jeep for a year and stalking forums forever, I still have no clue) It would ease the pain of the purchase.. I'm narrowing it down to Teraflex or Rock Krawler.. Opinions?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by vitodivita
Hello,

I've been tossing around the idea of lifting my Jeep & going with 35" tires. I'd like a 2.5" lift. Is it possible to get a basic 2.5" lift now, then add a long arm kit to after the fact? (Excuse my newbieness, despite having this jeep for a year and stalking forums forever, I still have no clue) It would ease the pain of the purchase.. I'm narrowing it down to Teraflex or Rock Krawler.. Opinions?
Almost anything is upgradeable.

Teraflex and Rock krawler both have long arm upgrade kits. On both kits you can run anyones coils or shocks
Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I could combine this Teraflex 1251000 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

with

Teraflex 1955000 - TeraFlex Long Arm Upgrade Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec later on?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, it'll work fine. I would look into trackbar brackets or adjustable trackbars depending on how much lift you actually get.

I believe RK also has a 2.5" long arm coming out.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVO MFG
yes, it'll work fine. I would look into trackbar brackets or adjustable trackbars depending on how much lift you actually get.

I believe RK also has a 2.5" long arm coming out.
Would you mind linking me to those? I'm pretty set on a 2.5" lift, but I want to start with a basic lift and upgrade later for budgets sake.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

EVO is absolutely correct!

With us, you could easily start with anyone of our standard 2.5" coil spring systems and then grapht in a long arm upgrade!

Our 2.5" front coils are progressive rate for better ride quality and better off-road performance!

There are alot of differences in the long arm upgrades.

Our X Factor Long Arm Upgrade features independent 3 link conversions front and rear for bind free articulation as well as unparralled ground clearance! All of our control arms are made from solid alloy steel and feature our Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty!

Give us a shout if you have any questions. We love to talk Jeep. Good luck with your build!

RK
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies..

I'm envisioning a 2.5" RK Stock mod system, & then throwing in a front swaybar disconnect...Does that work?

With a lift I want to have more clearance to get over the bigger obstacles and get on the more advanced trails..No rock crawling in my area..

Last edited by vitodivita; 01-11-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The 2.5" Stock Mod system comes with disconnects...

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Then you could simply purchase a long arm upgrade and a few other components to complete our 2.5" X Factor Long Arm System!

RK
Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
The 2.5" Stock Mod system comes with disconnects...

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Then you could simply purchase a long arm upgrade and a few other components to complete our 2.5" X Factor Long Arm System!

RK
Ha like I said, I'm clueless about this stuff. I'm planning on a purchase in about a month or so. I'm very happy that I can build this slowly & not have to fork out a ton of cash at once.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit w/shocks. Now you will want the #1955020 2.5" long arm upgrade kit, it uses straight rear lowers for better clearance over the #1955000 kit.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 01-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Upgradeable lift kit?