Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

VIAIR vs ARB

Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIAIR vs ARB

Here's the deal. First off all info will be much appreciative. I have make the decision to invest in front and rear ARB Lockers. The question is about OBA. Can I run a VIAIR with the ARB solenoid valve or do I need to go all in and get the ARB twin ? Obviously I'm trying to do to upgrade at once. Need OBA strong enough for the lockers as well as a utility tool for tires etc...
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Down&DirtyJK
Here's the deal. First off all info will be much appreciative. I have make the decision to invest in front and rear ARB Lockers. The question is about OBA. Can I run a VIAIR with the ARB solenoid valve or do I need to go all in and get the ARB twin ? Obviously I'm trying to do to upgrade at once. Need OBA strong enough for the lockers as well as a utility tool for tires etc...

I haven't installed the lockers yet. However, I bought the Viair's OBA system exactly because of this. I want to be able to not only fill the tires (quickly), but also operate lockers and maybe tools.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Hi
I am i the same boat.... Stock now, but want front and rear ARB.
The added flexibility of a good on board air system would be great.

Any pictures / setup info on your system.

Regards
Paul
Old 03-11-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Paul Woodcock
Hi
I am i the same boat.... Stock now, but want front and rear ARB.
The added flexibility of a good on board air system would be great.

Any pictures / setup info on your system.

Regards
Paul
I have no had the time to install my complete system yet. Also, still deciding whether I place the tank under my Jeep or on my or-fab carrier.

So far, I only installed the Dominion bracket and positioned the compressor.Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2702730395.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	287657

However, a quick search should bring many creative options from other members. The Dominion kit is great if you want to install the tank in the engine compartment. Poison Spider and River Raid have some options for under the Jeep.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I have no had the time to install my complete system yet. Also, still deciding whether I place the tank under my Jeep or on my or-fab carrier.

So far, I only installed the Dominion bracket and positioned the compressor.Attachment 287657

However, a quick search should bring many creative options from other members. The Dominion kit is great if you want to install the tank in the engine compartment. Poison Spider and River Raid have some options for under the Jeep.
I like the Viair. Its what im leaning toward. I have a buddy i wheel with and he loves it. The mounting is all clean with the compressor going on the firewall and the tank mounting near the bottom of the radiator, between the radiator and the engine. He also had them install a quick connect on each bumper to run a air hose.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Came across this thread.. I am having ARB lockers installed front and rear in my JKU next week. My current compressor has a cracked head, looking to order VIAIR system. what pressure regulator are you guys running for the ARB lockers?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Northridge was running a special where the compresor was basically free with ARB locker purchase. You might want to PM dave.

Quick Reply: VIAIR vs ARB