Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet

Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by barrett_fodder
This is what I posted in a seperate thread on the VTB, but just in case others havent seen it, and I have not yet nor has anyone who has riven my jeep experienced any faults or malfuncitons of any kind...

"I'll start with: I'm deployed and no I didn't pack my dyno sheets with me before I left. That said, I purchased and installed one of the viper throttle bodies on my jeep when the discussions first began on this site over a year ago. I have had no problems with it of any kind (7,000 miles) and did not notice the TB having much change in performance with any of the SC tunes loaded vs stock (read: the change in performance came moreso from the change in tunes and the TB had little impact one way or the other). This was prior to the availability of the "Trottle body" program some tuners are now offering so I cant speak to that. With my SC tuner and several runs on the dyno, regardless of tune set we observed a nominal 4hp and 7lbft difference in back to back runs. This was done with 3 runs with stock throttle body, add the new throttle body then do 3 more runs. We then swapped vehicles and did the same thing again with a completely stock JK. This difference was beyond the error/deviation in each of the 3 runs, thus a measurable gain beyond the accuracy of the equipment. On the topic of fuel economy I have noticed no real change one way or the other. The bigger impact is wind speed and right foot weight...

One thing to note is that on the VTB dyno sheets the torque peak did seem to move down about 50 revs in the RPM range.

On the butt dyno it does feel a little more responsive, that probably is based on larger volume of airflow with lower throttle position, similar after effect as changing the pedal responsiveness via a programmer or the like. The sound is difference and slightly lower on the intake side enhanced by a CAI more than the stock airbox as well.

Hopefully this helps those on the fence determine if 4/7 is worth $140, or at least give another users observances to add to the pile.

BF "
Good info man. And those dyno numbers seem very realistic and about what I would expect
Old 11-06-2017, 02:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a very old thread but now I ll be sure if the viber body throttle works and without check engine!
I run superchips with sprint booster (last version v3) and work great.
I run Banks Power exhaust and air intake too.
would I still see something better in the gas response? what is your opinion?
Old 05-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Wad
JK Newbie

Default Vtb

Where can I buy a viper throttle body I can't find the any where
Old 06-01-2018, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Check rockauto but they haven’t the original mopar part

Quick Reply: Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet