Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant CAI

Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volant CAI

Okay so I used the search and can't seem to find a thread with the info I'm looking for on this. Is anyone using this CAI preferably with the new power core filter? If so do you like it? Any thoughts or opinions appreciated
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on water crossing do not get a cai. To many people have had problems with them they suck water right in the intake.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Well I thought the volant I could add the snorkel on at a later time with that?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

ive been running it for about 4 years now and still enjoy it. I didn't seem to notice too much power increase but I am sure there is some. and the sound is awesome. The only issue i ran into is that the opening to the top side of the box sits right behind the power steering reservoir and I was doing a lot of bouncing in sand dunes and got leak by on the cap which went all over the filter. I have the oiled filter though, that may be an issue with they dry or power core filter. There is a 2-3" spout on the bottom of the box (water draining port i suppose) but I think that is where the plumbing goes for their snorkel and then a different lid would go on top to seal the box.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

i am running the CAI on my Rubi with the snorkel.i like it.
i am looking into roof racks now and thinking i might have to modify the mount for the rack to work with the snorkel.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the cai with the power core filter and i like it. Oem filtration ratings or better and less restriction then the stocker. And i do like the grumble when you get on the throttle. A lot of heavy duty diesels run the same type of filter and they can hold a ton of dirt. I figured if they are good enough to be oe on 100,000 dollar + construction equipment it should be way over kill on my jeep.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah that's why I was looking at them, we run the same brand filter as the powercore on our rigs at work and get over 100k miles per filter.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

im running the volant snorkel, the new one doesnt have a drain at the bottom which i still dont understand why its even there, unless to let in more cold air as my box now is completely sealed for the snorkel hood part. I am running the oiled filter but would like to switch to the new style they offer.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Volant CAI w/Donaldson PowerCore dry filter, I love it, it woke up my aFe exhaust. Anybody questioning this filter needs to google it, like others stated it is used in heavy machinery. The opening on the box isn't much different than oem.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

If you're looking for efficiency, you can't beat the PowerCore media. One an efficiency basis it is the best amongst The OEM offering and K&N type filters. One a flow rate scale, it would rank higher than OE but less than a K&N type. If I were to install a CAI, I would go with Volant.

Quick Reply: Volant CAI