Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warn PowerPlant Dual Force Winch: Worth It?

Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffmarion
5 CFM at 90 PSI will run alot of impacts and air wrenches, granted I would rather have an air tank, but it will work fine. You will not be able to reseat tire beads and run air lockers with out a tank though.

Read that last sentence again Required to operate some types of pneumatic tools.

Common practice is to NOT run a tool at its minimum requirements while the compressor at its max if you want it to last. I believe that my original comment was I would not try to run tools with it. You can do as you wish. I was merely trying to help out some of less experienced members by letting them know that it would be a stretch on their new toy. Makes me wonder what type of experience you've had with a variety of air tools
Old 05-08-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by John L
Common practice is to NOT run a tool at its minimum requirements while the compressor at its max if you want it to last. I believe that my original comment was I would not try to run tools with it. You can do as you wish. I was merely trying to help out some of less experienced members by letting them know that it would be a stretch on their new toy. Makes me wonder what type of experience you've had with a variety of air tools
It'll work good enough to get you out of a bind offroad. Its not something I would want to use in the garage, But it would definetely help offroad.

I'm very happy with the winch, I mainly wanted it to fill my tires, and it does a good job!

The Winch saved my rig from some serious damage offroad this past weekend, so I'll keep that as well!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John L
I will not be using the powerplant, as I will be runnning a complete OBA set up with an air tank. Again, I would rather have an air tank with that winch, but in a pinch, it will work fine in an off road situation (I thought this is what we were talking about) It is in no way a replacement for a 120/240 volts compressor.

Last edited by jeffmarion; 05-08-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

FYI...

This site has a good video of the warn winch in action, and it shows power tools!

http://www.gowarn.com/powerplant-Dua...FSBMGgod8HD6yQ
Old 05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's a great combination. It fits that niche for 95% of off-roaders who want a reliable air compressor for fast tire-filling after an air-down as well as having a winch on board.

I paid $1740 shipped to my door for the Dual Force Winch & Warn rock crawler front bumper, which was the right price for the equipment I wanted.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure it's a great unit and will work well, but I will not buy it because of the fact that it has two functions. When one part craps out, you've lost both. Kinda like the tv/dvd combo.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

im getting one, i had a york on my YJ, and i totally loved it, but i hated all the clutter it created under the hood, i think this is the cleanest possible solution, and i like having a 2-in-1

Quick Reply: Warn PowerPlant Dual Force Winch: Worth It?