Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Warranty rules on lift height?

Old 10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty rules on lift height?

Does anyone know if the new 3" lifts will void the factory warranty?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Steve White Sales Manager said before I ordered that any lift on my new Jeep would void the warranty. I was trading in a lifted one on the new JK is why he brought it up.

I told him I thought the Jeep official line was if the lift caused the problem then it was my fault otherwise it should be repaired under warranty. He said no, they have no way of knowing if the lift caused it or not so you lift it, you own the issues from Steve White.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Magnuson Moss

Check into the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that should help answer your question. That act helps protect people who modify there vehicles from dumb dealerships.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

According to my "2007 Warranty Information" manual, Section 3. "What's Not Covered", subsection 3.1 "Modifications Not Covered", Para A states "Some Modifications Don't Void the Warranties But Aren't Covered. Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are: installing non-DaimlerChrystler Motors Company LLC ("DaimlerChrysler") parts, components or equipment..."

Subsection 3.2 "Modifications That WILL Void Your Warranties" basically only says that items that cause the odometer to become disconnected void the warranty.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default lifts

I went to my local jeep dealer in savannah ga last night and they said they will honor the warranty on a jeep with up to a 3" lift if they install it. They already have two skyjacker lift kits on order for two other customers JK rubicons. It costs more to have them do it but at least if something breaks or they recall your JK for anything they will fix it!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

I am going to let the dealer do it so I can put into the payment.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by tcpatter
According to my "2007 Warranty Information" manual, Section 3. "What's Not Covered", subsection 3.1 "Modifications Not Covered", Para A states "Some Modifications Don't Void the Warranties But Aren't Covered. Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are: installing non-DaimlerChrystler Motors Company LLC ("DaimlerChrysler") parts, components or equipment..."

Subsection 3.2 "Modifications That WILL Void Your Warranties" basically only says that items that cause the odometer to become disconnected void the warranty.
I am new here, I probably wont be around much because I'm not into offroading, but I will be around the tech and whatnot because am a DIY'er all the way so I'll be troubleshooting or whatever with the rest of us. I just got my Sahara a week ago, no problems, Alot more happy getting into this from an '02 Audi.

Now that I have introduced myself.

The Warranty Information Manual book that you mentioned, where did you get this, where can i get it?

2nd, Anybody have a tip on radio removal yet?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Massvet
I am new here, I probably wont be around much because I'm not into offroading, but I will be around the tech and whatnot because am a DIY'er all the way so I'll be troubleshooting or whatever with the rest of us. I just got my Sahara a week ago, no problems, Alot more happy getting into this from an '02 Audi.

Now that I have introduced myself.

The Warranty Information Manual book that you mentioned, where did you get this, where can i get it?

2nd, Anybody have a tip on radio removal yet?
It was included with the owner's manual
Old 11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Huffines of Denton, Texas said that anything under 4" of lift will not be affect by warranty. I asked him to provide it in writing, and am still waiting. I told him if he can prove it in writing I'll let him pick out the extended warranty for the JK.

Quick Reply: Warranty rules on lift height?