JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Warrior Products axle back exhaust with Magnaflow? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/warrior-products-axle-back-exhaust-magnaflow-320509/)

deathwagon 04-17-2015 11:33 AM

Warrior Products axle back exhaust with Magnaflow?

I really want to install a Flowmaster 50 series on my 2013 because I like the mellow, non-obnoxious tone. Unfortunately, all local shops in my area seem to use solid gold welding rods, because they all want $340 or more for one installed. When I weld, it looks like someone projectile vomited molten metal, so I'm looking at inexpensive bolt-on units. Has anyone installed the Warrior Products high clearance kit with the Magnaflow can on a 3.6L?

Warrior Products 2240 - Warrior Products High Clearance Exhaust Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Comments on quality, noise level and drone?

Thanks

*Edit- I guess it's not actually an axle-back, but a resonator- back :)

deathwagon 04-23-2015 06:36 AM

I'll respond to my own post since there was no other feedback. I'm a cheap ba$tard but I'm also kinda picky about how an exhaust sounds, so I decided to try out just the muffler before committing to the whole kit. The muff in the Warrior kit is a Magnaflow 11216 and it goes for $80-ish dollars. I also spent $7 on two saddle clamps. I lopped off the resonator and installed this can in it's place. It's a little wider than the stock resonator and had to be rotated slightly to avoid interference with the evap skid.

I wont be keeping it, as it sounds very sport-importy. You know, the sound you hear coming form the Honda Civics with oversized shart cans installed. Maybe a little smother than that, but ricey. It also has significant drone. I can't say if the whole kit from Warrior would sound better, since I didn't spring for that. If there's any interest, I could post a video on Youtube of how it sounds.

DunnyBunny 04-23-2015 06:49 AM

Check out Dynomax. Alot of good feedback and alot of people running them. They have a rep on the forum and just do a Google search of JK Dynomax. There are many threads on them and youtube videos

deathwagon 04-23-2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4089691)
Check out Dynomax. Alot of good feedback and alot of people running them. They have a rep on the forum and just do a Google search of JK Dynomax. There are many threads on them and youtube videos

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the only Dynomax offering in my price range (did I mention I'm a cheap S.O.B?) is the Super Turbo Axle Back system, and even the Dynomax guy admits that it's known for it's drone. So it looks like I'll buy a Flowmaster 50 can and do my own splattertastic welding job.

Dynomax 04-23-2015 11:13 AM

Stack your stock resonator and the muffler of your choice. Why not use clamps?
:beer:

Originally Posted by deathwagon (Post 4089763)
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the only Dynomax offering in my price range (did I mention I'm a cheap S.O.B?) is the Super Turbo Axle Back system, and even the Dynomax guy admits that it's known for it's drone. So it looks like I'll buy a Flowmaster 50 can and do my own splattertastic welding job.

deathwagon 04-23-2015 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dynomax (Post 4089799)
Stack your stock resonator and the muffler of your choice. Why not use clamps?
:beer:

I'm using clamps until I find the right combo and then I'll weld up whatever I choose. Clamps tend to result in leaks.