Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warrior Products axle back exhaust with Magnaflow?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warrior Products axle back exhaust with Magnaflow?

I really want to install a Flowmaster 50 series on my 2013 because I like the mellow, non-obnoxious tone. Unfortunately, all local shops in my area seem to use solid gold welding rods, because they all want $340 or more for one installed. When I weld, it looks like someone projectile vomited molten metal, so I'm looking at inexpensive bolt-on units. Has anyone installed the Warrior Products high clearance kit with the Magnaflow can on a 3.6L?

Warrior Products 2240 - Warrior Products High Clearance Exhaust Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Comments on quality, noise level and drone?

Thanks

*Edit- I guess it's not actually an axle-back, but a resonator- back

Last edited by deathwagon; 04-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll respond to my own post since there was no other feedback. I'm a cheap ba$tard but I'm also kinda picky about how an exhaust sounds, so I decided to try out just the muffler before committing to the whole kit. The muff in the Warrior kit is a Magnaflow 11216 and it goes for $80-ish dollars. I also spent $7 on two saddle clamps. I lopped off the resonator and installed this can in it's place. It's a little wider than the stock resonator and had to be rotated slightly to avoid interference with the evap skid.

I wont be keeping it, as it sounds very sport-importy. You know, the sound you hear coming form the Honda Civics with oversized shart cans installed. Maybe a little smother than that, but ricey. It also has significant drone. I can't say if the whole kit from Warrior would sound better, since I didn't spring for that. If there's any interest, I could post a video on Youtube of how it sounds.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Junkie

Check out Dynomax. Alot of good feedback and alot of people running them. They have a rep on the forum and just do a Google search of JK Dynomax. There are many threads on them and youtube videos
Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Check out Dynomax. Alot of good feedback and alot of people running them. They have a rep on the forum and just do a Google search of JK Dynomax. There are many threads on them and youtube videos
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the only Dynomax offering in my price range (did I mention I'm a cheap S.O.B?) is the Super Turbo Axle Back system, and even the Dynomax guy admits that it's known for it's drone. So it looks like I'll buy a Flowmaster 50 can and do my own splattertastic welding job.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stack your stock resonator and the muffler of your choice. Why not use clamps?

Originally Posted by deathwagon
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the only Dynomax offering in my price range (did I mention I'm a cheap S.O.B?) is the Super Turbo Axle Back system, and even the Dynomax guy admits that it's known for it's drone. So it looks like I'll buy a Flowmaster 50 can and do my own splattertastic welding job.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Stack your stock resonator and the muffler of your choice. Why not use clamps?
I'm using clamps until I find the right combo and then I'll weld up whatever I choose. Clamps tend to result in leaks.

Quick Reply: Warrior Products axle back exhaust with Magnaflow?