Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in the intake; suggestions?

Old 05-24-2017, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
That's why I suggested a leakdown and a compression test before changing out more parts.
Yes, I'm agreeing with you. Don't think he's getting it....
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fredrok
Yes, I'm agreeing with you. Don't think he's getting it....
I have no doubt that this thing will end up with a plethora of electrical issues as I have a buddy who took his swimming and years later every light in the dash is still on, not to mention the electrical gremlins Jeeps are known to have without outside help. A bent valve or two will just take that to a whole other level. Be a good time for an LS swap.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
I have no doubt that this thing will end up with a plethora of electrical issues as I have a buddy who took his swimming and years later every light in the dash is still on, not to mention the electrical gremlins Jeeps are known to have without outside help. A bent valve or two will just take that to a whole other level. Be a good time for an LS swap.
LS swap won't help much as the swap still uses the Jeep TIPM and ECU. You end up with two ECUs, one to run the LS and one to keep the Jeep parts (gauges, TIPM) happy.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
LS swap won't help much as the swap still uses the Jeep TIPM and ECU. You end up with two ECUs, one to run the LS and one to keep the Jeep parts (gauges, TIPM) happy.
I did say that a bent valve or two would make it a good time to swap. The electrical issues are a whole other problem. We shifted away from those and were talking about the what ifs in case the engine took a big gulp of water.

Quick Reply: Water in the intake; suggestions?