Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

waterproofing the JK

Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waterproofing the JK

So I recently installed an AEV snorkel on my jeep. To support this part, I wanted to start a discussion on what other items might need to be addressed to make my jeep as water tight as possible in case I ever encounter a deep water crossing.

So far I have extended all the breather lines into my air box via the smilin bobs kit. I also sealed up the the drain holes in the air box and where the snorkel enters the air box. Only other thing I can think of is apply some dielectric grease to the seal on the fuse box lid to help keep that water tight.

So what other steps can or should be taken to make the JK more water resistant?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some people put weather stripping around the tailgate to keep water from going in
Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

i thought the tail gate has a seal? are you referring to where the rear window meets the tailgate? meaning it helps seal in the event water rises above the tailgate?
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by last5liter
i thought the tail gate has a seal? are you referring to where the rear window meets the tailgate? meaning it helps seal in the event water rises above the tailgate?
I think he means a rubber seal around the bottom outside of the rear cargo tray?

Quick Reply: waterproofing the JK