Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weird issues after wheeling nonstop

Old 06-24-2018, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Weird issues after wheeling nonstop

Hey guys,

Just got back home from a weekend of wheeling, and have a few issues to hunt down. A large rock ripped the exhaust off where the exhaust spacers go (essentially right behind the headers) and that unsurprisingly threw an O2 sensor code. After patching it up and clearing the code, things got even weirder. Anytime my AC was on, the Jeep would randomly rev itself up. Sometimes it was a little burp (500 rpm rev), and other times it revved itself up to 5k rpm. It would immediately stop as soon as I turned the AC off.

I just tried to replicate the issue, but to no avail. Would being in 4LO for an extended period of time (Friday 5pm-3am Saturday, Saturday 9am-8pm and then 10pm-2am, and Sunday 9am-5pm) potentially cause this phantom gimmick? Aside from food and sleep, the Jeep was on the trails in 4LO.

Anyone else have this problem??
Old 06-25-2018, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Hey guys,

Just got back home from a weekend of wheeling, and have a few issues to hunt down. A large rock ripped the exhaust off where the exhaust spacers go (essentially right behind the headers) and that unsurprisingly threw an O2 sensor code. After patching it up and clearing the code, things got even weirder. Anytime my AC was on, the Jeep would randomly rev itself up. Sometimes it was a little burp (500 rpm rev), and other times it revved itself up to 5k rpm. It would immediately stop as soon as I turned the AC off.

I just tried to replicate the issue, but to no avail. Would being in 4LO for an extended period of time (Friday 5pm-3am Saturday, Saturday 9am-8pm and then 10pm-2am, and Sunday 9am-5pm) potentially cause this phantom gimmick? Aside from food and sleep, the Jeep was on the trails in 4LO.

Anyone else have this problem??
No, four wheeling all day doesn't affect mine at all. Something happened....another code?
Old 06-25-2018, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Being in 4Lo would not cause that. Check for any other wires or harnesses that may have been pulled or dislodged. After checking for any other codes, reset the ECM and drive a bit.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

No more codes. I can't even replicate the issue anymore. Now my rear locker isn't engaging.

I have no words.

Quick Reply: Weird issues after wheeling nonstop