Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Whine

Old 12-23-2016, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great thread guys ... just the info i needed ... i am just about to replace the belt but i was wondering about the tensioner ... i will grab that crown model from quadratec ... $31 is a bargain ... lets see what postage is to ireland ... ;-)
Old 12-23-2016, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cybersymes
great thread guys ... just the info i needed ... i am just about to replace the belt but i was wondering about the tensioner ... i will grab that crown model from quadratec ... $31 is a bargain ... lets see what postage is to ireland ... ;-)
I picked up the tensioner and the belt today, both of them are the gates brand. They have a three-year warranty but the tensioner was $76 through O'Reillys when I asked them about the $39 crown one
Old 12-23-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BIG BLU
I picked up the tensioner and the belt today, both of them are the gates brand. They have a three-year warranty but the tensioner was $76 through O'Reillys when I asked them about the $39 crown one
Have you had a chance to install it yet?
Old 12-24-2016, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky5
Have you had a chance to install it yet?
Unfortunately, no. Did our suburban 50,000 mile maintenance before our road trip that starts tomorrow night. It'll be the first modifications (tensior, belt, live wires, fusion plugs) for 2017.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BIG BLU
Unfortunately, no. Did our suburban 50,000 mile maintenance before our road trip that starts tomorrow night. It'll be the first modifications (tensior, belt, live wires, fusion plugs) for 2017.
Sounds good, hopefully that will get you fixed up. Let me know if it doesn't.

Quick Reply: Weird Whine