Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what is the best brand for ring and pinion for wrangler jk

Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbogan
The carrier is only required for Dana 30 with 3.21. You probably started out with 3.73?
How do I know my stock ring and pinion and do I need front carrier my jeep Sahara 2010 unlimited 4drs
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yousif
How do I know my stock ring and pinion and do I need front carrier my jeep Sahara 2010 unlimited 4drs
Take it to the dealer and have them print a build sheet based on your vin, request one from chrysler.com with your vin, crack the cover and look for markings, rotate a tire and count how many times it rotates in relation to the driveshaft.

Just a few ways.

To your carrier- it depends on what gears you had and what locker you decide to add (if any- selectable, TT, autolocker, lunchbox, etc.)
Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
The trutrac is not a locker, it's just better limited slip unit,I can really feel the difference off road.
What is a trutrac dobi have to install it for both front and rear or I can install it one side
What's the diffrence between it and between diff lock
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yousif

What is a trutrac dobi have to install it for both front and rear or I can install it one side
What's the diffrence between it and between diff lock
I put in the truetrac in the front for my carrier so I could go to the deeper gears. I wanted something better than the stock open carrier, without going to a full blown locker.dollar for dollar better than stock.You can run it in the rear to if wanted..Just a better limited slip unit..
Old 01-29-2014, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

I used USA Standard 4.56 gears and they are working great.

Quick Reply: what is the best brand for ring and pinion for wrangler jk