Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What are the Best Floor Mats?

Old 02-03-2007, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cesar
Hmmm So many choices.

I got the husky liners. They are pretty good. A bit flimsy, but otherwise great.

The reason i got them is because I got a good deal on the installation.
Not often does this stuff make me laugh, but I was on the floor.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:24 AM
dsy
JK Freak

If you live in snow country you should be aware of a problem with the mopar slush mats. They must have been designed by a moron. Two days after finally getting some snow here in NW Ohio I went to empty out the small amount of water that had accumulated on my slush mats and got a little surprise. I thought the small amount of water was because I have been very careful to knock as much snow as possible off of my shoes before getting in the vehicle. Turns out the small amount on the mat is because mopar designed nice little drain holes in the mats to accommodate the tabs attached to the floor to keep your carpeted mats from moving around.
The carpet under the mats was totally saturated with salt water from the melted slush.
Well I came up with a fix that should work ok. The problem is the hole for the post to keep the mats from moving. (which they wouldn't anyway because of the fit).

Any way I scrounged around my garage and found a piece of plastic irrigation pipe that I had picked up at home depot. The size was just a little bigger than the hole in the mat so I cut off a piece about 1" long and pushed it into the hole so that it was sticking out the bottom side about 3/16th of an inch. The fit was snug so I think it will stay there ok. On the top side it comes up to the same height now as the rim of the mat so any liquid will stay on the mat until you empty it. I took some side cutters and clipped off the top angled lip of the post that came up through the mats which really did not serve any purpose but to make it difficult to get the mats out. Now the hollow part of the tube sits over the post ok and it is easy to lift out the mat without spilling. I guess if you go through the trouble of doing this they will perform ok.

from what I understand the husky liners have a resesed are for the floor mat clip that does not go through the mat creating a drain to the carpet.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice. He put a snorkle on his floor mats. Only in a Jeep!

PS - I'm doing that.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

excellent idea, will have to look at that...:toung:
Old 02-03-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

I just checked the Weathertech website and they are currently making front liners for the JK. The fit looks amazing and they do have a high lip to protect the carpet towards the center of the vehicle. They do not appear to have the same lip along the door sill, though. It may be nice not to kick that lip everytime you get in and out of your JK. Any thoughts?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK4ME
Has anyone tried the Nifty Catch all Extremes?

I've used these in my other vehicles and love them!
I cant seem to find them for the "JK"?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsy
[snip] "They must have been designed by a moron." [snip]

I couldnt agree more. When he got done designing the passenger side rear entry & seatbelt placement, they must have promoted him to floor mats.

I love the looks of the Mopar mats, but that dumb-assed drain has been a sore spot since i received them. I dont like the other flimsy option, so this was my choice of the two. Nice idea on the fix, i will have to give that one a shot.

I will most likely get something different in the future though, i tend to get the inside wet & salt/slush/mud all at the same time.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Default WeatherTech

Does anyone have the Weathertech mats or liners? I use the mats in my other vehicles and was thinking about buying the liners for the JK. I've never had a problem with there products.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I love the slush mats, they are made well...thick and pretty.

After some mods (sealing the dumbass designed hole in the front mats)..they fit like a glove.

I used clear silicone!!

~chewy
Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the mopars and have had 'em about a month and half....if anyone really cares, they aren't black anymore.

After a bit of use they seem to have turned a dullish gray. I don't care because they are floor mats after all. But the wife sure did point out that maybe this was the first non-quality investment I've made since the color seems to be fading from them. Anyone up for spraying some armor all on them and watching passengers trying to get in and out?

Quick Reply: What are the Best Floor Mats?