Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what diff cover sees more damage

Old 05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When wheeling rocks going forwards, I place tires to keep the diff from dragging and banging.
Only time I typically back up when in the rocks is when I'm in trouble.
When I'm in trouble, stuff gets used.
I am not as concerned at placing wheels to protect the diff when i am in trouble as I am at getting out of trouble.
So, for me;
Rear is more likely to get damaged, and if the rear is getting damaged there is a good chance the front will as well.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rear for me. Peeled the factory cover multiple times. Installed an AEV diff skid rear and Poison Spyder covers front and rear. No worries now.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

My friend popped the bottom bolt on the rear cover, when it pealed back. Had to send another Jeep out for oil, while we got the broken bolt out. Banged the cover back into shape. Really glad he had lubelocker gasket on it.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

I peeled the cover back my stock cover already the third time out with this jeep. Hammer and rtv reseal fixed it but I will be replacing them with solids in the future.

I wouldn't say you could pick one over the other. Just replace them both and call it good imo.

Quick Reply: what diff cover sees more damage