Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What To Do??

Old 07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What To Do??

I hopefully will be installing a 4" lift this weekend. My weekend is Sunday/Monday. Weather permitting. I have a 4" lift from Rough Country and All 8 Currie Adjustable Control Arms. I have read WOL's write up's for the FT installation and the Currie installation. Currie has you set the length's of the control arms to factory specs and WOL has lengthening them. I am gonna use my stock 32" tires and 17" rims for now. (I wanna see what they look like with a 4" lift) (Credit card in hand if they look to bad). Anyway, should I use the factory lengths for the arms, see how it drives with the stocker wheels and tires or go ahead and lenghten them? Help is needed as Sunday Morn is the start date.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY BY THE WAY.
MY HEART FELT THANKS GOES OUT TO ALL THE VETS AND THOSE SERVING NOW.
I DID 8 YRS. IN THE SERVICE FOR UNCLE SAM AND WOULD LIKE TO LET THOSE NOW SERVING KNOW THAT I APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

4" lift with 32's? you'll definately want to have your card ready. Alot of people are evn running 37's with 4" of lift.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
4" lift with 32's? you'll definately want to have your card ready. Alot of people are evn running 37's with 4" of lift.
Yeah, I figure it's gonna look bad. Kinda like one of the mail carrier jeeps but I've had a lot of people say go ahead and do it. With the 32" BFG MT's it won't be bad!!!! Yeah, right. I figure I'm gonna have to buy tires and wheels but my main question to this post is:
What to do????
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

I'm not asking for opinions on tire and wheel size. I'm asking about what lengths to set my control arms. Later, when I get bigger tires I know this will change but in the mean time, should
I set them to stock measurements?
Or do I set them longer as in Eddies's write ups for the FT install??
Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by redrubi08
correct me if im wrong but i think the point of buying adjustable arms is to adjust the castor angle to what it needs to be for the 4 inch lift. if setting it to stock length there wouldn't be a reason for adjustable arms. i would set them for wol setting
Yes, that is what I think also..

Currie
Eddie
Someone Help.
I am gonn start this on Sunday Morning as Sun/Mon are my off days. I just want to get it close .
Thanks
Old 07-04-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

On the RE 3.5 lift I just installed the lower arms are not adjustable but RE made them 1/4" longer than stock. I think that if you did the basic geometry you would find out that to maintain the stock wheelbase length you have to increase the length by about 1/4". You could take the stock arms, lower them 4" and measure the wheelbase and you would know what to do. Myself I would not go stock length but 1/4, 5/16 or 3/8 depending on what the lift actually turned out to be. My RE 3.5 ended up being an actual 3.5 in the back but 4 3/4" in the front. No more nose down!

Quick Reply: What To Do??