Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WHat the hell do you all do

Old 07-22-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Active Army with 13 years of continuing service. Working towards retirement. Earned my Master's degree a few months ago and will be working on a Doctorate in the fall. Gotta work towards earning potential after the military!
Have a wife and 2 young kids, too. Life is busy!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nurse working in a remote Alaskan town making the big bucks and working a lot of o/t in the winter so I can modify my 2013 JKU!!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clifish
I hate to say the daycare bills turn into after care bills and summer camp bills, I was paying 21K a year for daycare when my 2 kids were small that changed to $400/mo ea for aftercare and a 7k per summer camp bill. We both worked our butts off made decent bucks and paid house off in 18 years + a second home outright. My 2012 JKU was first vehicle I ever bought brand new (0%) all others were 1-2 years old either paid cash or paid off in 3 years and kept for 10 years. My advice is live below your means if you make 200k live like it is 100k and max out 401K and other investments if you can.
I feel ya, I max out my 401k, my girls are 9months and 5yrs so I have some time b4 summer camps but my oldest does dance and gymnastics so that isn't cheap. We typically make 250k -300k with my wife working(200k-250k is me). So we save her income and live off mine. We live fairly humble (cheapest house in the neighborhood, lol) and drive great resale value and reliable cars. We plan to hang on to both of them for at least 8 more years. But I agree with you, and I'd rather have piece of mind knowing that I have a nice nest egg than have the biggest house or the coolest car on the block!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

My parents always taught me to have minimal to no debt. 30 years old, 6 years as a tattooer and the only debt I have is my jeep payment and taxes. I pay cash for everything and steadily save. 40% of my paychecks go directly to savings for taxes and at the end of the year I usually have way more money left over because of write offs. I also take my tips and use those for any extra spending and I live within my.paycheck. bills get laid on the first for the entire month that way there's no mistaking what needs to be in the bank and I don't do retail therapy. If I don't have the money then I don't buy it. I can always wait a few months for that next mod. Pave yourself. It took me 4 years to be able to afford my monthly payment. I used to stop by the jeep dealership every couple months just to look. Worked my ass off building clientele and now am able to afford it. Also helps that I never let myself get so far in debt.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I work for a pharmaceutical company. I manage the Security operations and EH&S NFPA and OSHA auditable items. I also maintain the fire truck, hazmat truck, SCBA's, and other crap. I'm a service connected veteran, so the military pays my jeep tab.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I work for a pharmaceutical company. I manage the Security operations and EH&S NFPA and OSHA auditable items. I also maintain the fire truck, hazmat truck, SCBA's, and other crap. I'm a service connected veteran, so the military pays my jeep tab.
same here. Thank you army! Lol
Old 07-23-2015, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1warmjku
I feel ya, I max out my 401k, my girls are 9months and 5yrs so I have some time b4 summer camps but my oldest does dance and gymnastics so that isn't cheap. We typically make 250k -300k with my wife working(200k-250k is me). So we save her income and live off mine. We live fairly humble (cheapest house in the neighborhood, lol) and drive great resale value and reliable cars. We plan to hang on to both of them for at least 8 more years. But I agree with you, and I'd rather have piece of mind knowing that I have a nice nest egg than have the biggest house or the coolest car on the block!
My daughter does competitive gymnastics so I know what you mean, we have had a good 10+ year run of 200-400K years but I have my own business and she works for a healthcare company. Every year it seems I had swings in business and her company seems to restructure and wipe hundreds of employees every year so every year we saved like it was the last of the "good" times. The payoff to that is now if one of us gets dusted work wise we could handle it (48 years old) maybe not retire out right but that job at home depot is looking better and better.

Last edited by clifish; 07-23-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Construction and part time school here. I am employed by a General Contractor and typically do all the work that is too small or sensitive to contract out. I'm also going to school for business admin (and have been for the past 4 years).

I'm 22 and have a 3 month old son and 4 dogs, and Am the only one bringing home the bacon at this point in our life.

HOWEVER, I've still managed to drop a couple thousand into my jeep within the last 6 months. None on credit. It can be done on any income, if you are diligent in your ways of spending.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

I work for a security group guarding marijuana farms, probably around $26k a year after taxes...most of all my money goes to bills monthly. Wife stays at home with 2 kids.

Bought a '15 Rubi, plan on putting money into it every income tax season ($~8k a year back from the government).

If I made 250k a year I'd have a house paid off, rubi paid off, a hellcat sitting in the driveway and any and all mods I've ever wanted done in just a year.....it baffles me how some people say that is "ok" money. 1yr and I'd be debt free.....lmao.

Then I'd work for about 5-6 more years and retire.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Trevo
I work for a security group guarding marijuana farms, probably around $26k a year after taxes...most of all my money goes to bills monthly. Wife stays at home with 2 kids. Bought a '15 Rubi, plan on putting money into it every income tax season ($~8k a year back from the government). If I made 250k a year I'd have a house paid off, rubi paid off, a hellcat sitting in the driveway and any and all mods I've ever wanted done in just a year.....it baffles me how some people say that is "ok" money. 1yr and I'd be debt free.....lmao. Then I'd work for about 5-6 more years and retire.

I live all the way down in Chile south america
lot of cool places to go wheelin down here....
not too many places to shop parts for my jeep here.....
currently flying as a captain of the 787 dreamliner .....
have a 09 jk 4 door with ripp SC and currently working on a toyota land cruiser with a ford windsor motor V8
spend most of my time outdoors and up in the air....
regards to all of you......

Quick Reply: WHat the hell do you all do