Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What are my choices for fender flares with more clearance, and more coverage?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are my choices for fender flares with more clearance, and more coverage?

My JK has 68.5" wide axles, wheels with 4.5" backspacing, and 13.50 width tires, and with the stock flares the tires stick out about 4" past the flare on each side. We have mud about 6 months of the year around here, and this Jeep is a mud flinging fool. My tires are 37s, and they rub the stock flares at full suspension flex now, so I need flares with more tire clearance, but better tire coverage. What is available?

The Bushwacker pocket flares look kind of gay, but at least they have an additional 2 1/4" of tire coverage on each side. Do they give more clearance for the tires, like the Bushwaker flat fenders? If they have the same tire clearance as stock, and just provide more coverage, they wont work.

The Rugged Ridge Hurricane style flares are a little wider than stock. Anyone know how much wider? Rugged Ridge's web site isn't working today. How is the quality with the Rugged Ridge flares? Are they worth getting?

I also want to keep the inner fender liners, or use aftermarket fender liners, at least in front. The rear fender liners don't matter as much.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I didn't know of anyone else that makes what I'm looking for either. Its too bad almost all of the aftermarket manufacturers only build products for "California Jeeps", that are used in perfect weather year round.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I didn't know of anyone else that makes what I'm looking for either. Its too bad almost all of the aftermarket manufacturers only build products for "California Jeeps", that are used in perfect weather year round.
I have Aries. I can measure if you like.
Aluminum and Coated. Ill throw on my 35s this weekend.

Ernie

Quick Reply: What are my choices for fender flares with more clearance, and more coverage?