Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What Optima do you prefer? Red or Yellow?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seem to remember hearing that Optima was having a good bit of trouble with premature failures in extreme cold weather.
Does any one remember this, or have better information on this.

This isn't meant to infer anything bad about Optima, it could have been so other brand. Right now I am thinking of going with one also.
This was just something I thought I remember hearing this past winter, and I may just be misremembering it. You know, what seems important when it is -30*, is kinda of trivial when it is +90*, but can remind you in harsh ways when the -30* fun returnes.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
what size yellow top is for the JK?

i have a yellow top sitting in my garage from my previous vehicle and was curious if i needed to buy a new one.

I think it is the D75/25. The red top is group 25, and that yellow top is group 75 and 25. My best guess.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace my red one every 6 months for about 3-4 years. The battery shop I go to wont even sell the red one anymore. Get the yellow.

Quick Reply: What Optima do you prefer? Red or Yellow?