Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

In what order should i perform my mods?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In what order should i perform my mods?

Hey guys,

I plan on installing:

lift kit (3-4")
35" tires (with rims)
New front bumper
New Winch
New rear bumper
Leveling kit (thinking i'll need it after the winch and front bumper)
spacers

In what order should i perform these mods. I dont wanna do it on credit, so it'll be all cash flow'd as it comes in. Should i just stock pile all my cash and get the mods done all at once, or does someone have a formula for a good installation order.

I think it would look weird running stock tires with 4" lift.

anyway,

Your thoughts???

Last edited by VICECIV; 05-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Default In what order should i perform my mods?

Lift, tires, rear bumper/tire carrier, front bumper, winch, spacers to level and regain lost lift.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wazooz2424
Lift, tires, rear bumper/tire carrier, front bumper, winch, spacers to level and regain lost lift.

would the lift look weird if i rolled the stock tires for a while, or do i need to do those together?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is pretty much what I am doing, only I am doing the front with winch first then the rear bumper with tire carrier. Do the lift, tires and wheels all at once if you can but if you can't do the lift with the stockers for a while.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

I went after rescue gear first. Stock Jeep could get me into more trouble then I could get out of so I went bumper winch first. Then I started working on lift and being able to get the Jeep into even more possible winch needed locations. Either way i'm sure you'll be able to get stuck stock or lifted so think about what you'll really be doing. No sense in taking a nice lifted Jeep and getting it stuck where only other 4x4's can get to and not being able to find one when your stuck. If you go wheeling with others who always have rescue equip then go lift but you'd should always have good rescue equip as you never know when it will be needed.

Last edited by Flexx; 05-24-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Running any size stock tires with more than a 2"lift looks goofy IMO. I have the TF level kit with stock 32"Duellers and am Barely getting away with it. I would save up and get both wheels and tires together.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

what about regearing i was thinking on regearing fist them lift, tire and rims and them bumpers

or not?

Trending Topics

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jay-nyc
what about regearing i was thinking on regearing fist them lift, tire and rims and them bumpers

or not?
I have been running 35's with stock gearing (3.73) for a year and a half and I think its fine..I am going to knock all the other mods I want to do first before regearing. It really depends though, if you drive alot of highway maybe regearing is more immediate..but for me I dont drive that much highway and its totally liveable for me regardless. Turn O/D off too, that helps alot!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

i second the recovery route first with bumper and winch. To get your self out is number one! my first wheeling trip i got stuck in the mud not to bad but my buddies tj with winch couldnt get me out, we had to walk back to road to get a full size 2500 to come get me out. COuldnt help but throw out a few other pointers.

1) Front bumper -get a mid width or shorty that have good aproach angle
2) winch- get synthetic-steel is to heavy
3) Recovery straps/tree saver/d rings/snatch block
4) Undercariage protection evo gussets, evo control arm skids, evo rockstars, benchmark designs oil pan, evap canister skid
5) Rear bumper- midth width just in case you end up stretching the rear an inch or so!
6) get a proper complete lift
7) tires and wheels
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

I like this except for first thing should be rails

Quick Reply: In what order should i perform my mods?