Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What throttle body spacer will work with a TRUEFLOW XDI?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What throttle body spacer will work with a TRUEFLOW XDI?

I'm looking into the idea of getting a throttle body spacer for the trueflow I already have installed for 3 months now. Do the ones airraid makes fit them? Is there a throttle body spacer that will work with a trueflow?
thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

I think any throttle body spacer will work with just about any intake setup. Alot of people are of the opinion TBS's might be better used as paper weights though, apparently they dont do much of anything for these engines.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have airaid CAI and TBS. I have to admit, I'm not crazy about the whistle of the TBS. I'm getting used to it, but I don't love it by any means!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Run a search on throttle body spacers and you find that most in this forum,
including several that have installed them, believe they are a waste of money with the JK intake system.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

As already stated most on here feel a TBS are ineffective on this engine. You might want to think about saving up for a superchips programmer. Alot more bang for your buck, since not only will you feel a difference in power but will have other features like TPMS adjustments, Tire and gear changes, ect...
Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

the TBS doesn't change a thing. maybe if were a throttle body injection system but its not. what would make a difference would be a larger throtle body. you need more air not a longer runner as they are plenty long enough.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
the TBS doesn't change a thing. maybe if were a throttle body injection system but its not. what would make a difference would be a larger throttle body. you need more air not a longer runner as they are plenty long enough.
Hit the nail on the head. A throttle body spacer is for a throttle body injected system, where the fuel injectors are in the throttle body.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Basically, what they are saying is that the purpose of the spacer is to mix the fuel with the air... if its only air, what's the point of the spacer. That little cyclone affect won't sill be swirling when it hits the piston where the fuel is being injected... thus no point in buying the spacer.

Quick Reply: What throttle body spacer will work with a TRUEFLOW XDI?