Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what would be safe to do??

Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be safe to do??

Have a 2 door auto want to lift but dont want to replace anything like shafts or nothing to go out because of the lift what lift would be safe to do. I dont climb the jeep or offroad all the time maybe back dirt roads after a good rain but that is it. Advice needed please very new to the lifts.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepsta
Have a 2 door auto want to lift but dont want to replace anything like shafts or nothing to go out because of the lift what lift would be safe to do. I dont climb the jeep or offroad all the time maybe back dirt roads after a good rain but that is it. Advice needed please very new to the lifts.
How tall of tire or lift do you want?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Buy a Hummer put some 22's on it and call it a day! all kidding aside a good coil spacer lift would be perfect for your situation.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

well now i am running 245's later i would go bigger like 33's but the ones on there are still new.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I did TF's 2.5 BB kit with shock extensions. Great way to go without having to worry about replacing shafts or anything else. IMO it's the most complete kit for the $$. Got a good deal from Dave at Northridge and I'm sure TF would answer any ?'s you have.
I know later on I'll go with a true coil lift lift kit once I put in new drive shafts, but this is working great for me right now.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Former Member

You should consider a Spacer lift and some 33's. You wont need to worry about anything.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...272#post211272

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...274#post211274

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...276#post211276

Chop the flares and call it a day.

When you get the 33's, add a leveling kit or 2" BB.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, if you only running 33's do the Teraflex Budget Boost. Very inexpensive kit. You retain all your stock stuff and your only out $250. That was my first lift and I was very pleased with it.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by YingYang
Yep, if you only running 33's do the Teraflex Budget Boost. Very inexpensive kit. You retain all your stock stuff and your only out $250. That was my first lift and I was very pleased with it.
Thanks for the help never installed lift would the spacers be hard to do for someone who has never?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 33's now with no lift just trimmed my fenders. The tires clear fine and I think it looks good!

Quick Reply: what would be safe to do??