Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What would you do?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

I know some of you guys are probably sick of reading my threads but I've got some questions. I came into a little money here lately and I'm trying to deside on things. I have a 2011 2 door sport I have sleeves c gussets and lca skids installed on it right now. I have the money to buy a prorock 44 and run 37s but here is my problem I have brand new in the box 5.13s install kit a Aussie locker chromoly shafts and u joints for the d30. What would you do and why should I run what I have with 37s or 35s or try and sell it for the prorock? If intrested I have a thread in the for sale section as well. And please no negative comments I no I messed up.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you can swing a prorock I would do that and sell the rest
Old 06-24-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Save your extra money, run the Dana 30 with all the goodies you have, use the money for other upgrades... A lot of people one here have been lead to believe that Dana 30's explode as soon as you put anything bigger than factory tires on. With your upgrades it will handle 37's and normal wheeling. I would put the extra cheese towards some lower t-case gearing, like a rubicon t-case swap, rubicrawler or both. Even with 5.13s and 37s the 2.72 to 1 low range isn't low enough for certain situations, just my thoughts tho
Old 06-24-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep3920
Save your extra money, run the Dana 30 with all the goodies you have, use the money for other upgrades... A lot of people one here have been lead to believe that Dana 30's explode as soon as you put anything bigger than factory tires on. With your upgrades it will handle 37's and normal wheeling. I would put the extra cheese towards some lower t-case gearing, like a rubicon t-case swap, rubicrawler or both. Even with 5.13s and 37s the 2.72 to 1 low range isn't low enough for certain situations, just my thoughts tho
Thats a pretty good idea but I don't have these installed yet. And the 37in tire I would run would be a toyo and they are 92lbs a tire. And where I wheel its mostly mud and dirt hills so I don't no if a lower range t case would benifit my needs
Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grognard
If you can swing a prorock I would do that and sell the rest
x2
I can tell you that we have all the gussets, LCA Skids, sleeves and Chromoly Shafts but recently found our axle housing on our D44 (running 37's) is bent. So buy the PR44 and sell the other stuff to recoup some of the cost and don't look back! Just my
Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You say that you know you messed up, right? So why even consider dumping more money into the installs on an axle you know you want to get rid of.

Sell the 30 as is.
Sell or return all the new parts.
Buy the PR.
Slap on the 37's.
Go enjoy your wheeling without cringing every time your front axle gets close to a rock/dip/rut/curb/pebble/etc.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You say that you know you messed up, right? So why even consider dumping more money into the installs on an axle you know you want to get rid of.

Sell the 30 as is.
Sell or return all the new parts.
Buy the PR.
Slap on the 37's.
Go enjoy your wheeling without cringing every time your front axle gets close to a rock/dip/rut/curb/pebble/etc.
That's what I plan on doin thanks for the advice. Do you think northridge would take back new parts like that though? Also on the pr44 does it accept standard jk shafts? Reason I ask is because I was thinking of ordering one with chromoly shafts and u joints and may consider going rcvs later down the road if I need them.

Quick Reply: What would you do?