Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What Would You Do

Old 05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would You Do

I know this is an EXTREMELY biased question, but I'll hope for some non-partisan responses.

I have two options as I see it.

I love the 20" rockstars, this is not up for debate, I love em!

So, I could leave the stock lift, go 33x12.50x20 and maybe get a 3/4" front spacer kit to level things out....

Or

I could do a 2"-2.5" BB, and go with a 35x12.50x20

....Now. Obviously the first plan is cheaper...

so is it really worth the extra $$$$ for the lift, and the 35" tires....I'll probably be doing the Cooper STT or Toyo M/Ts

I also really want to buy the full Bestop set--duster deck, windjammer, safari top

I'd like to buy the black mopar fuel door as well....

I figure the proportions are the same in both options....because in the first you have 2" less lift, but also 2" less tire, and in the second option, 2" more on both, so it evens out..

If I get a 2.5" lift, I will want to go with 35's. just because I don't care for the wheel well space with 33"s and a 2.5" BB....

I know this thread, doesn't have much substance to it, but its late, and my mind is churning with excitement, especially after I saw a brand new Sahara out at dinner tonight.....so just discuss this, thoughts, pictures,

saving money is always good, but I will have some to spend, question is which one....
Old 05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you should go with the 35's !

Old 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

That's dead sexy.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 35s

You should go with the 35s from the start. Trust me, you'll always want to go bigger eventually, and 35s is where most people end up. If you start smaller, you'll end up spending twice/three times the money as you eventually go bigger. You won't get the money you paid for your tires when you sell them. I did the same thing, started smaller, but eventually got to 35s and I'm staying there. Get the 35s and save yourself some money. Now that was some serious wisdom thrown down.....
Old 05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

DO NOT DO THE BESTOP!!!! Money not well spent and they are crap. i sold all of my bestop crap. Go with the Lift.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I think I'm goign to do as follows.

2.5" BB
35x12.50x20

If I get a black Sahara, I'll be going with Moto Metal Chrome or XD Hoss.

If I get a red rock, silver, or jeep green, I'm going with Rockstars.

Questions is. which 2.5" BB.....post in my other thread!

Quick Reply: What Would You Do