Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats the diff between rock guards and sliders

Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the diff between rock guards and sliders

i like certain rockers and i like certain sliders but idk what their differences are. what are the 2 meant for
Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

If they bolt to the frame and/or body and are meant to be abused, they are rocker/rock sliders. Meant to protect the sides of the body. They can help by not causing you to come down onto the body when coming over an obstacle (ie. rock). Or, they can keep you away from obstacles when going around them (ie. rock) so you won't come in contact with the body (ie. doors). Come over and take a look at mine. You need them.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Tomato & tom-ah-to.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by horwitzs
Tomato & tom-ah-to.
Pretty much.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
i like certain rockers and i like certain sliders but idk what their differences are. what are the 2 meant for
Technically sliders slide over the rocks, protects the bottom of the vehicle and some body protection. Usually closer to the body and cannot be used as a step.

Rockers a lot like above plus side protection from rocks, trees etc on you rocker panel. It can be used as a fulcrum point to hold tight to a tree or rock while you power your Jeep around it like a pivot point.

In reality it is getting pretty blurred.

It also means making a hard choice, do you opt for getting your fat body stuck between boulders or tree's or do you get.keep all skinny and drive through.

Quick Reply: Whats the diff between rock guards and sliders