Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats wrong with my jeep!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faljones07
I am new to jeeps and always wanted one,and finally got one.i love it so far,it perfect to me.

When bleeding the slave out of the trans and vertically,when bleeding it are we pumping the clutch pedal or are we pushing the rod that moves in and out? Just clarifying lol I hope this works tonight.
Pumping the pedal will do it horizontally, removed int the pushing thep plunger will do it vertically.

Sorry for the delay on my replies. I'm working 6 nights a week right now, so I don't have too much time to post.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

I ended up pumping the plunger/rod in and holding it while opening bleeder then closing bleeder and then letting go of plunger.did this about 10 times I wanna say and some bubbles came out,but still nothing.still wont shift into gear,the clutch pedal feels normal again firm and solid,but there is a creaking noise coming from inside the trans every time you push the pedal,I'm wondering if its internal instead of hydraulic.maybe the pressure plate is worn,I'm not sure.I'm thinking about towing it to a shop,one shop quoted $550 for the clutch swap.

I understand man,i myself work long hrs,being a maintainer in the air force takes its toll on time lol,but I do appreciate your interest and patience,I'm not much a a vehicle mechanic but I like to try and learn,I know simple brake jobs,keep up with fluids,and suspension,but when it comes with trans and motor I'm dumb,I know enough to help maintain. But yea if you come across any other options please let me know. And thank you.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by faljones07
I ended up pumping the plunger/rod in and holding it while opening bleeder then closing bleeder and then letting go of plunger.did this about 10 times I wanna say and some bubbles came out,but still nothing.still wont shift into gear,the clutch pedal feels normal again firm and solid,but there is a creaking noise coming from inside the trans every time you push the pedal,I'm wondering if its internal instead of hydraulic.maybe the pressure plate is worn,I'm not sure.I'm thinking about towing it to a shop,one shop quoted $550 for the clutch swap.

I understand man,i myself work long hrs,being a maintainer in the air force takes its toll on time lol,but I do appreciate your interest and patience,I'm not much a a vehicle mechanic but I like to try and learn,I know simple brake jobs,keep up with fluids,and suspension,but when it comes with trans and motor I'm dumb,I know enough to help maintain. But yea if you come across any other options please let me know. And thank you.
Sorry for the late reply; I didn't see this until now. Usually the creaking sound it good as it is the sound most often heard when the plunger pushes on the throw out arm.

$550 for a clutch swap? That's GOOD. Most places near me want $1,000+

Hope your issues have been solved by now.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had the same issue with my 2011 and it turned out my pressure plate went bad.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Everything's good so far and friend of mine and I towed the jeep to one of our loca shops and full quote is $650 (parts and labor) the dealer quoted $1200 I think,and I just hung up the phone.so hopefully it is a clutch issue and not a trams issues,lol I should hear back from them this wk and pick it up this wkend.

And thank you for ya'lls patience lol.i at least tried to DIY and diagnose and troubleshoot,cause I like working on my own vehicle,but this stumped me and I pulled the plug to have someone else so it. I'll keep you updated
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Well here's the damage one of the compression clutch springs popped out and wasn't allowing the clutch to disengage.resulting to slave failure and over heated pressure plate lol I don't understand how it happened over time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4043176008.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	444953   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3403106423.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	444954  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad you found this issue pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my jeep!!!!