Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's wrong with this picture?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillionDollarDan
x3 on that bro

i'll tell ya what even though the ride on the road is somewhat stiff with my skyjacker and nitros it practically floats off road and i love that
I've considered a Skyjacker kit, but at this point Im just going to go stock for the winter and save up for a better lift before next Christmas when I get done with TBS. There's no point in putting in another lift when I'll be gone most of the year anyways, so stock it is! Besides, my wife wont let me spend anything on the Jeep for a while...
Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

A little update...it's not Rough Country in general that I am displeased with, it's just one person...the one who told me that this was "normal". The guy who I have been speaking to by private message on this forum just got back to me today because he was not at work(understandable)...he has been more than willing to send out another set of coils or help any way he can...he even went to the R&D guy to check on it for me, they have a re-designed set of rear coils that he offered to send me that may solve the problem. Although the help is very much appreciated, I told him I was just gonna ride on the factory coils with spacers for a while instead of trying again with another set of coils. I believe his name is Chad...so there is someone at RC that has common sense and is willing to help!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must say I have never had an issue with RC customer service.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just went outside and looked at my RC Progressive rate springs and they aren't like that. I have an ARB Deluxe Bullbar and MBRP rails too so there is some weight in front. So I'm assuming that isn't normal. I was even doing lvl 5 or so trails at the Jeep Jamboree with no issue. Maybe over a long period of time it may be normal to sag that much.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

I just looked underneath my JK and mine are doing the same thing in the rear. The front looks fine but the top 3 coils are compressed fully in the rea
Old 10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

My top 3 coils on front of my jeep are almost touching, and in the rear the top 3 are touching too!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

I just got my RC 3.25 lift in the mail today. I'm waiting till the end off the month to put it on due to the fact that I'll have some free labor here (my dad and brother are coming into town). I hope I don't have the same problem but I should be good due to the fact that I had to wait on some of the supposedly "redesigned " springs to come in. I'll keep my fingers crossed and update with some pics when able
Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by testpilot15
I just got my RC 3.25 lift in the mail today. I'm waiting till the end off the month to put it on due to the fact that I'll have some free labor here (my dad and brother are coming into town). I hope I don't have the same problem but I should be good due to the fact that I had to wait on some of the supposedly "redesigned " springs to come in. I'll keep my fingers crossed and update with some pics when able
You may want to save yourself some trouble and return it while you can...not trying to get ya down, just being honest. One guy said that the "new" design didn't provide as much lift as the BB (2" rear), so he swapped the coils for the BB instead. Sure, when you first install it it will look fine...but give it a couple of months and check it again...

Quick Reply: What's wrong with this picture?