Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel question

Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheel question

I've noticed the the bigger wheels get in diameter, the less of an offset they have. the 18s ans 20s have either a 0 or negative offset whereas when you get down into the 15's and 16s, they have a large offset. I've noticed this within even the same makes of wheel. What is the reason for this? Is it because as the diameter gets bigger, the wheel loses strength the further the hub gets from the center of the wheel?

the reason i ask is becasue i really want to go with 18s when i get my 37s but i can't find any 18s with a large offset to push the wheels out. I suppose I could use spacers but I'd rather not have to. Does anyone know of any 18s that have less than 5" of backspacing?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem wanting to go with 20"s......
not too many choices in that size rim. AR ATX were
one of the only choices.... good luck

almost forgot, due to my lift I did have to use spacers.

Quick Reply: wheel question