Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel spacers

Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel spacers

well recently i bought 33" bfg km2 im having some rubbing when at full turn and this weekend i thought i was going to just miss a tree turning on a trail well that didnt work out bent my frnt bumper and the fender flair broke off so i orderd the bushwacker flares "i like the way they look crusing the mall anyways i have seen some on this site with stock tires im thinking about getting http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...3756.m14.l1318 im not sure if useing spacers are safe and i dont want it to look like the jeep is going to tip over
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with either Spidertrax or Teraflex spacers. Many here can vouch that they work and that they are safe when installed correctly.

No way would a use a no name brand part in this case.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with the spacers on the stock wheels with no lift I wouldn't do much wheeling. Even the city speed bumps will put them in a fender. As far as turning, when is anyone going to be going full out and turn all the way? You'll rub some on the sway bar at full tilt. I did the spacers, and had no problems except for those damn speed bumps. The lift helped that problem!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the cheapo spacers before and they sucked!. I swore that I would never use them again, but when I got the JK I really liked the factory wheels(just as in the case before) so I did a bit more research on them and found that the Spidertrax were the best for me. I have had them on for about 7k and they have no issues what soever. I just checked them Mon. to make sure thay were tight and they were all really good. I would go with the Spidertrax, they are nice. JOE>
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought my rims, before I had a lift and I didn't want to buy new rims, so I went with the Teraflex 1" spacers to get me to 4.5" BS. The best thing I can say about them I think is it's like they're not even there. Meaning, that they haven't had any impact on the ride, they've stayed tight over 500miles (just checked them), they're really a quality piece.

My only complaint about them was that Quadratec shipped out two of the spacers with my soft top window cleaner in the same box. lol Needless to say the spacers won the fight in the small box and I had quite a mess. If you've got to use spacers, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the TeraFlex ones, but I have heard very good things about the Spidertrax as well.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers