Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel Spacers and their impact on handling?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: wheel Spacers and their impact on handling?

Just ordered the Spidertrax spacers for our stock steel wheeled unlimited. Be interesting to see & fell the differences.
Time for the first tire rotation anyway...
Let us know.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Spydertrac's & have had no problems. Make sure your torque them good though!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Like others have said, as long as you check your torque you should have no issues what so ever. Mine has not loosened at all in the slightest. The second after I installed mine I went for a short drive and could feel a difference in handling right away.
The tires get pushed out just enough from under the flares to make the Jeep look more like a Jeep should.
My pic offer..

Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

X2. Love my spydertrax. I haven't had any problems and it helps with the center of gravity.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Spacer Pic

I've been running my 2010 with 1 1/2" Rough Country spacers.

They work and look great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3119..jpg
Views:	317
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	90943  
Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Had a set on my jeep that my buddy let me borrow when I got my wheels and they are great. He up sized his tires to 37's and needed them back so I went a got a set of my own. We actually just put them on today and then went out and took them for a test ride on a local mini-trail.

Here is a pic of both of the wide stances. Mine is the black JK the silver is BrowniesJK

You can see the spidertrax spacers on my Rockstars I hadn't put my center caps back on yet
Old 09-26-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I was going to leave them off for the week just to have a different look.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by a-dub
Had a set on my jeep that my buddy let me borrow when I got my wheels and they are great. He up sized his tires to 37's and needed them back so I went a got a set of my own. We actually just put them on today and then went out and took them for a test ride on a local mini-trail.

Here is a pic of both of the wide stances. Mine is the black JK the silver is BrowniesJK

You can see the spidertrax spacers on my Rockstars I hadn't put my center caps back on yet
hey did you need the spacers with the rockstars? or just like how it looks?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Installed Rough Country 1.5" spacers last weekend. I couldn't tell much difference, but my DD is a supercrew f150 so it is totally different every time I drive it... My wife on the other hand drives it everyday and she claims she could tell a difference. One thing she noted was it seemed to be a rougher ride than before, mainly on roads where she recalls thinking how smoothed the Jeep was before.

I wish I could have put them on without her knowing so she wouldn't have been looking for a difference... That way I would know for sure if the ride changed. I've driven it a few times and didn't really notice it riding any difference.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by projectdc

hey did you need the spacers with the rockstars? or just like how it looks?
I needed the spacers so the tires would not rub on the front when doing a hard turn. It also looks pretty good when they have that wider stance.

Quick Reply: wheel Spacers and their impact on handling?