Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel Speed Sensors

Old 11-19-2023, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Speed Sensors

Long story short, I put some ProRock 60s under my 14 JKU. I didn't use any wheel speed sensors and pulled ABS fuses in hoping to run without them. Now my trans won't get out of first. How many and what location sensors are necessary?
Old 11-19-2023, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Man oh man, that is the absolute worst company to get customer service with IMO, but I'd think you'd have to call them for the proper part to use. Why would you think you could run with no ABS sensor....is it just a trail rig? The computers these days are too dang complex and a faulty or missing ABS is certainly gonna halt you. I have two of that company's axles under my rig and I'd go so far as to say everybody there I've had to deal with for support was a complete moron.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Well, all four new wheel sensors are in. Trans still won't get out of first and I`m not able to manually shift it. It is throwing a U0121 code. "Lost communication with ABS brake system." Any suggestions? I did but the ABS fuses back in.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Presume everything worked prior to installing those UD60s. Also presume since you can read that ABS code, that you have tried to clear it and it either won't clear or comes right back. Seems the ABS module is not getting signal from the CANbus. Kinda getting into an area I've not had to deal with. I have seen people with ABS issues disconnect and clean that ABS module with DeoxIT and have success, but in this situation that seems like it would be the equivalent to removing an old nintendo cartridge from the gaming console, blowing in it and putting it back in hoping it worked. Have you disconnected the battery for a decent time to really reset things?
Old 11-23-2023, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Presume everything worked prior to installing those UD60s. Also presume since you can read that ABS code, that you have tried to clear it and it either won't clear or comes right back. Seems the ABS module is not getting signal from the CANbus. Kinda getting into an area I've not had to deal with. I have seen people with ABS issues disconnect and clean that ABS module with DeoxIT and have success, but in this situation that seems like it would be the equivalent to removing an old nintendo cartridge from the gaming console, blowing in it and putting it back in hoping it worked. Have you disconnected the battery for a decent time to really reset things?
They are the Dynatrac ProRock Plus 60s. Same concept though. Everything worked fine before doing the axles.

Old 12-21-2023, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Had same issue got a new abs module put it in, got it programmed all is good..

Quick Reply: Wheel Speed Sensors