Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheels and bumpers

Old 09-23-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheels and bumpers

Good morning everyone!

Had my stock front bumper hit and damaged by a coworker. He is willing to buy me a new bumper of my choice. I currently have 275/70-18 Duratracs on stock sahara wheels, not close to needing or able to buy larger tires at this time or possibly needing ever (need is always a funny term with our Jeeps ) My setup is perefect for where I go on the sand here on Long Island.

Will a stubby bumper (I am looking at and like the Warn Rock Crawler stubby #87650without the hoop) look silly with my tire/wheel setup? does anyone have pics of stubby with 33" wheels?

I don't build for looks, but let's face it, no one wants a silly looking rig.

Thanks for the input, happy Jeeping!

-FD
Old 09-23-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're running stock suspension I'd recommend getting spacers level out the front after you put on that heavy aftermarket bumper. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 AM
-

Lucky You, Must have been a serious dimple on the plastic bumper for your co-worker to buy you another one.. I mean thats good, and very kind of him.. and the stubby will work.. and i wouldn't appear to excited about what you want on the jeep.. or has he already set a spending limit?. In some case, even the factory with the wings cut and end caps installed can look decent. Only issue I see if if you upgrade to a full bully.. and if there is a weight difference.. a leveling kit might be in order..
Old 09-23-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fooddude
Good morning everyone! Had my stock front bumper hit and damaged by a coworker. He is willing to buy me a new bumper of my choice. I currently have 275/70-18 Duratracs on stock sahara wheels, not close to needing or able to buy larger tires at this time or possibly needing ever (need is always a funny term with our Jeeps ) My setup is perefect for where I go on the sand here on Long Island. Will a stubby bumper (I am looking at and like the Warn Rock Crawler stubby #87650without the hoop) look silly with my tire/wheel setup? does anyone have pics of stubby with 33" wheels? I don't build for looks, but let's face it, no one wants a silly looking rig. Thanks for the input, happy Jeeping! -FD
This is the bumper you're looking at on 33x12.5 and a 2.5" lift Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1907471836.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	576891 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-58547345.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	576892 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3025646594.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	576893 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-773244118.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	576894

Last edited by JE8154; 09-23-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. Thanks guys. I already have a leveling kit (TF) and wheel spacers. I will be putting a LED light bar on bumper. See pics attached. As far as friend, tore a hole in bumper end. And if I cut ends and put end caps on, color is different as my friend pointed it out. He didn't give price limit. The aftermarket bumpers are cheaper than new stock bumper. Thanks again. Looks good.

-FD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3557544910.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	576896  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Thanks guys. I already have a leveling kit (TF) and wheel spacers. I will be putting a LED light bar on bumper. See pics attached. As far as friend, tore a hole in bumper end. And if I cut ends and put end caps on, color is different as my friend pointed it out. He didn't give price limit. The aftermarket bumpers are cheaper than new stock bumper. Thanks again. Looks good. -FD
Well, glad to hear it works in the favor of both of you
Old 09-24-2014, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow

Good morning everyone!

Will a stubby bumper (I am looking at and like the Warn Rock Crawler stubby #87650without the hoop) look silly with my tire/wheel setup? does anyone have pics of stubby with 33" wheels?

I don't build for looks, but let's face it, no one wants a silly looking rig.

-FD
I have a stock suspension and stocks tires.

Here are pictures of my Jeep with a Rubicon X bumper.

And here are some pictures of my Jeep with my new TJM stubby bumper.

Quick Reply: wheels and bumpers