Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get this done?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Djpedro78
Kissimmee orlando area
Ok, just figured I'd ask. I'm sure there is one closer, but there is a line-x in Sarasota and Ft Myers. I had the entire inside of the tub and roll cage sprayed at the Ft Myers location and they did a great job. I would just caution you going that route, it will add weight to the top and where latches are attached may pose a problem (closing or sealing) since the material goes on thick. If that's the direction you want to go I'd call and see what the shop recommends.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Just call around to your local shops and see what they say. Look and see if they provide a warranty for the painting as well. Im sure it will cost you way more than what you are wanting to spend for that kind of work anyways.
Nice Jeep

stupid question, ion, my best friend is now living in Vegas and I've visited him a couple of times, does the all black Jeep get extra hot vs like a white one would?

matthew
Old 02-23-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a shop in clearwater that is called Outlaw Customs. All they do is custom work on vehicles. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Nice Jeep

stupid question, ion, my best friend is now living in Vegas and I've visited him a couple of times, does the all black Jeep get extra hot vs like a white one would?

matthew
Thanks and yours is looking great too man. Honestly i dont see a difference. I mean 110 degrees its a pain regardless haha. Ive had black vehicles my entire life so i couldn't really tell.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Djpedro78
What did you use and how is it holding up?
I used Krylon Fusions matte black ... No need to even rough it up because it's already textured inside. Just tape it up and go to town. The krylon fusions sprays on SUPER even and mine literally looks like it came from the factory black. I love it and can't imagine how I lived with it white

Quick Reply: Where to get this done?