Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Where to mount a large inverter

Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount a large inverter

I bought myself a fairly large power inverter for Christmas. A Whistler 1600 Watt unit. Looking around the cab, there seems to be plenty of room under the front passenger seat to mount it> This location is fairly close to the battery, and there is already easy access thru the firewall in front of it to route the wires. My question is on fastening. It looks fairly easy to just use some sheet metal screws to mount it to directly on the floor. I have not read of anyone doing this though - thought I should ask this forum for some advice before I put a hole thru my floorboard.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about mounting my 1500w inverter under the seat, but I was worried about mud/water hitting it. I usually have the pugs out under and beneath the seat.

The only place I found was in the rear storage spot. I mounted it upside down and bolted it to the underside of it.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An inverter is on my list. I am planning to attach it to the tailgate (inside). The inverters are usually thin so should take very few space.

Quick Reply: Where to mount a large inverter