Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who have the1.25" body lift with 6 speed?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lv jk
Not a joke I had to do it on a toyota that I put a BL on. I don't have a BL or a manual on my JK so I am no help here.
How do you bend a shifter, do you have to heat it first?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually you could take the shifter off a vehicle, heat it, and bend it to a more convenient angle. some body lifts supplied a spacer. you would remove the shifter, cut it, weld in the new spacer, then paint and your good to go. i know my 3"PA BL for my old dodge had this. i don't see either method being very effective on the jk. the shifter has that large rubber isolator right above the 1st shift boot. i don't believe any bending above that would help much except for the people who have claimed that the outermost boot is contributing in the pulling out of gear (those who have suggested the small black zip tie to hold the outer boot lower on the shifter). i've yet to investigate too much as to what is actually below that isolator. i also have not heard of anybody bending or adding a spacer section to their jk's shifter. as always, i could be wrong

Quick Reply: Who have the1.25" body lift with 6 speed?