Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.

Just curious who is using 35" tires with there stock 373 gears? I have the 35"BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AŽ KM 2.

I have not measured them yet but am sure they are right at 35".... If you are or have used the 373's how are they working for you? Thoughts, opinions, performacne gains, ect...

I live in Florida which is all flat land.... Looking at 513's but am not sure if it is worth it..

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanBlack321
Just curious who is using 35" tires with there stock 373 gears? I have the 35"BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/AŽ KM 2.

I have not measured them yet but am sure they are right at 35".... If you are or have used the 373's how are they working for you? Thoughts, opinions, performacne gains, ect...

I live in Florida which is all flat land.... Looking at 513's but am not sure if it is worth it..

Thanks,

Ryan
my old man has got 35" km2's and an auto 3.73 tranny, but im sure his 35's measure under 35" depending on his psi.

he always toggles the overdrive button "Off" as soon as he starts up his jeep. he loves driving it at the same time he hates his gas mileage and it's a huge difference in performance.

him and i raced, my stock jeep against his 35's and 4" lift kit and I pulled away a little quicker. not even a half car ahead of him after about a quarter mile.

the only thing i would hate with that setup and that I probably cant afford right now is his MPG's. he gets about 10.5

(Edit
I went to the mountains not to long ago, over memorial day weekend, and as I was going up the mountain pass (I also have 3.73's), i think it was about 10 to 15 miles uphill, I had my overdrive off and I was BARELY making it up the hill (Without increasing in any speed), but long story short, i know that my dad's jk would NOT have made it up, as my jeep barely made it... pathetic.

if your considering the gears upgrade, do it. maybe, try the Superchips first and then the gears.

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 07-27-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

No gears yet. The fact that it drove like shit with stock 32" sahara wheels / tires makes me feel a bit better. OD off and a superchip and it's not all that bad.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I have 373 with 35 s. I live in oklhoma and it's similar to land in Florida. I have no issues with driving sound but my trip to Colorado in the Rockies I had issues going up the mountain. I was making it but no excelleration what's so ever. So to answer your question you are fine but gears are on my list.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
I have 373 with 35 s. I live in oklhoma and it's similar to land in Florida. I have no issues with driving sound but my trip to Colorado in the Rockies I had issues going up the mountain. I was making it but no excelleration what's so ever. So to answer your question you are fine but gears are on my list.
keep in mind, he's got an manual w/ 373's.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am just afraid with 513s that my jeep will be a sucky daily driver, since that is what it mostly is. If 513s will keep me at a decent RPM while driving on the roadway I'd be ok with it but I dont want to be cruising at 70 with the engine winding out at high rpm's
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am just afraid with 513s that my jeep will be a sucky daily driver, since that is what it mostly is. If 513s will keep me at a decent RPM while driving on the roadway I'd be ok with it but I dont want to be cruising at 70 with the engine winding out at high rpm's
open up the wallet and spend a few dollars on a flashpaq. a lot of members selling them right now on the For Sale section .
Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

I have a 2010 unlimited with 3.73s and 35 BF goodwrench All Terrains and my jeep is pretty damn slow. I live in Arizona and have taken it to the mountains several times and it was not too bad. For me it is hard to justify $2,000 for new gears. I was also told by several places that if I do regear it will actually help my gas mileage. I am currently getting 16-18 mpg depending on how I drive. Did your dad buy a something to recalibrate his tire size? My jeep was telling me I was getting 13mpg before I bought the Pro-cal module and it changed my tire size and speedometer. I have included the link below just incase you need it. I bought mine from Quadratec.com and it cost about $200 and was worth every penny.

aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-27-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clicky
Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

35's with 3.73 for 50K.

You're in a Jeep, you should never be in a hurry to get anywhere, the 3.8 will get you there and you'll have a smile on your face the whole time with your 35's
Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KRAZYGREEK
Ryan,

I have a 2010 unlimited with 3.73s and 35 BF goodwrench All Terrains and my jeep is pretty damn slow. I live in Arizona and have taken it to the mountains several times and it was not too bad. For me it is hard to justify $2,000 for new gears. I was also told by several places that if I do regear it will actually help my gas mileage. I am currently getting 16-18 mpg depending on how I drive. Did your dad buy a something to recalibrate his tire size? My jeep was telling me I was getting 13mpg before I bought the Pro-cal module and it changed my tire size and speedometer. I have included the link below just incase you need it. I bought mine from Quadratec.com and it cost about $200 and was worth every penny.

.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/[/url]
I think you got me confused with the guy talking about his dads Jeep....

yeah, I actually just ordered the Aeroforce Gauges which actually act just like a Procal as well as being a gauge.

I was looking at the flash paq as a possibility for now.... I am never really in a huryy to get anywhere so I agree with you about not needing a fast Jeep... So you think a Flash paq would make a diff?

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-27-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Who is using using 373 gears with 35" tires.