JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Who's running 37's and what sector shaft brace are you running on your JK/ JKU? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/whos-running-37s-what-sector-shaft-brace-you-running-your-jk-jku-306847/)

Jeep305 07-07-2014 06:02 PM

Who's running 37's and what sector shaft brace are you running on your JK/ JKU?

Who's running 37's and what sector shaft brace are you running on your JK/ JKU? Do you like it and why did you pick that one?

Matthewd5 07-07-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jeep305 (Post 3944868)
Who's running 37's and what sector shaft brace are you running on your JK/ JKU? Do you like it and why did you pick that one?

"Sector shaft brace?"

I have never heard of that one before

Do you mean drive shafts?

I have a 2 door with 37's and I had a local custom shop make me new driveshafts when I went to the big tires

matthew

nthinuf 07-07-2014 06:13 PM

Synergy. Great reviews. Didn't research any others since the rest of my steering is all theirs.

Originally Posted by Matthewd5 (Post 3944878)
"Sector shaft brace?"

http://www.synergymfg.com/www.synerg...l#.U7tT7LG8BVA

jaker t5 07-07-2014 06:18 PM

"Sector shaft brace?"

I have a 2 door with 37's and I had a local custom shop make me new driveshafts when I went to the big tires

matthew

You are kidding right 2500 post and a lot of mods and you never heard of the sector shaft brace

I know a few guys who have the poly one but it really is a hit and missed because I know a lot more who don't have it and never had issues

I say go for it if you want it you can't go wrong anyway by doing it

JE8154 07-07-2014 06:21 PM

"Sector shaft brace?"

matthew

If you don't know what you're talking about don't post the same bullshit in every thread. Since you don't know what a sector shaft is how about you hold off on posting about your drive shafts or prorock axles and read instead of writing. Shit even googling sector shaft will give you some info instead of assuming he meant something else.

kbp810 07-07-2014 06:27 PM

I went with the synergy track bar and sector shaft brace kit (the full kit that came with the track bar, track bar brace, and sector shaft brace)

No real particular reason other than it looked like a stout setup when using both braces; that and I know sometimes there can be fitment issues with some of these braces and certain track bars, so it helped to remove that variable from the equation entirely.

I've had no issues with that setup, but then again, I'm also running hydro assist now, so its almost moot.

Matthewd5 07-07-2014 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 3944880)
Synergy. Great reviews. Didn't research any others since the rest of my steering is all theirs.

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit

Never heard that phrase before

The dynatrac pro rock D44 is adapted for lifted JK's so I've never had any steering issues

nthinuf 07-07-2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Matthewd5 (Post 3944894)

The dynatrac pro rock D44 is adapted for lifted JK's so I've never had any steering issues

The PR is corrected for CASTER, it does nothing to strengthen the upper trackbar mount, or the sector shaft.

JE8154 07-07-2014 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Matthewd5 (Post 3944894)

seriously... stop

Jeep305 07-07-2014 06:35 PM

"Sector shaft brace?"

matthew

The sector shaft attaches to your steering box and with the tire weight the sector shaft gets put to the test. at 37" tires it's time to start thinking of the sector reinforcement.