Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will My Stock Rubicon run 35's?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the site will allow us to post PDF... well look into trying to get these up somehow though.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, paste into MS paint and save as jpeg
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

You will not want to use 6th gear with the 4 10 gearing mine bogs even on 33s with the 3.8 not having much power I find my self just sticking to 5th gear unless on a very flat or down grade hill
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a 08 with 4.10s and a 6 speed on 35s. It isn't bad at all..

I had budgeted for gears and have since then decided not to get them. 6th gear isn't great on big hills I do need to down shift. If traffic is slow I stay in 5th but it isn't bad in 5th. Off-road with my Rubicon in low gear I don't notice it.

I upgrade to a Superchip and it helped a tad

The nice thing with the superchip (traildash) is I see my real time millage so I go between 5th and 6th to find the correct gear for best millage. Sometimes its best to stay in 5th.

Next tires I might go 37s then I'll re-gear

Google Image search "Jk gear chart" for the chart. Us 6 speeds have a huge advantage over the automatics in this department.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

You will find there is no answer to this question. It all comes down to driving terrain, driving habits, and expectations of the jeep. Just get em. Looks 100x better. And with the rubi transfer case and 4.10s you'll be fine offroad unless you're doing super hardcore rocks
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kh202
Just take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, paste into MS paint and save as jpeg
Thanks, we have tried this and the problem is we have a linear graph of each gear throughout the rpm range as well as number charts. It's all too much for a single screenshot so we would have to take 2 or 3 of each combination which would be a mess. We'll keep trying!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kh202
You will find there is no answer to this question. It all comes down to driving terrain, driving habits, and expectations of the jeep. Just get em. Looks 100x better. And with the rubi transfer case and 4.10s you'll be fine offroad unless you're doing super hardcore rocks
And well said sir!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Gotcha. And thanks I try lol
Old 03-14-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepingNet

I had budgeted for gears and have since then decided not to get them. 6th gear isn't great on big hills I do need to down shift. If traffic is slow I stay in 5th but it isn't bad in 5th. Off-road with my Rubicon in low gear I don't notice it.

The nice thing with the superchip (traildash) is I see my real time millage so I go between 5th and 6th to find the correct gear for best millage. Sometimes its best to stay in 5th.

Google Image search "Jk gear chart" for the chart. Us 6 speeds have a huge advantage over the automatics in this department.
Thanks that's helpful, what mileage can i expect with that set up?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepingNet

Exactly. I installed the 35's and decided that I didn't need to re-gear with the 6th speed manual. I live in fairly mountainous terrain, so I spend a fair amount of time in 5th (or even 4th) gear, but nothing I can't live with. I understand that this is my Jeep, not my Camaro Z28, so I have a realistic expectation on performance...... mainly that it's slow until the dirt starts

As for MPG, I lost a couple, but nothing too crazy. Averaging 15-16 city and 18 or so on the highway.

Quick Reply: Will My Stock Rubicon run 35's?