Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will this spare tire mount work with 35" on 2012 Sahara unlimited?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this spare tire mount work with 35" on 2012 Sahara unlimited?

i found it just searching for a decent way to get my 35" on the back of my jeep without swapping bumpers or spending a boatload of $. it is only $95 made by Warrior..??? HELP...

thanks.

Link ->

Spare Tire and 3rd Brake Light Spacer Kit 2007-2012 Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited JK # WAR91631 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited by Robar; 09-13-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, it'll allow you to mount a 35" but does nothing to address the weak tailgate. At least make sure you extend the bumpstops so there's no room for the tire to start shaking.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mbrp maked a reinforcement bracket for the tailgate but not sure if it will really help or not
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The factory spare tire mount is junk it will work for a while tho as long as u have extends bumpstops but if u go offroad a lot, the tire carrier will crack and ur tailgate will break apart also.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob-o
The factory spare tire mount is junk it will work for a while tho as long as u have extends bumpstops but if u go offroad a lot, the tire carrier will crack and ur tailgate will break apart also.
Just lay the tire down in the back cargo area til u can afford a Good sturdy bumper/tire carrier. This is what I do with my 37'' tire but I rachet strap it to the back seat lol for now til I get my EVO carrier
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob-o
Just lay the tire down in the back cargo area til u can afford a Good sturdy bumper/tire carrier. This is what I do with my 37'' tire but I rachet strap it to the back seat lol for now til I get my EVO carrier

probably a good idea about leaving the spare in the cargo area (that is where it is now).

what is a good quality tire carrier that is fairly easy for someone who sucks with tools to install?

thanks.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good advice from others, definitely avoid the extended mounts for reasons mentioned. The mount you posted will cause stress and weld pops on the tailgate sheetmatel.

There's no other way to mount a 35" spare than get a solid rear bumper with integrated spare carrier, or get the new Teraflex hinge carrier. There's over 20 rears to choose from, a good thread here https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ations-244124/

Quick Reply: will this spare tire mount work with 35" on 2012 Sahara unlimited?