Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will the tire fit on my rim?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the tire fit on my rim?

I am installing my TF BB this weekend and have finally decided on wheels and tires.

I am planning to kep my stock 18" Sahara wheels and run a BFG AT KO 305/65/18. MY question is if my stock wheel is wide enough to support that tire.

Any input?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Yes, a 305 mm section width will work fine on a 7.5" wheel. However, you will need wheel spacers or else you'll rub.

And just to give you an idea of what it will look like, here's a pic of Fishit's JK with stock Sahara 18" wheels, 305/65R18 BFG ATs, and 1" TeraFlex wheel spacers. This JK also has a 2.5" TeraFlex BB... So pretty much your exact setup.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 18" stock rims and asked the Firestone guy next door to my business if my Toyos (12.5) would fit on the stock rims and he told me that they will, but they will be stretched and prob bow outward and wear badly. So I upgraded my rims so they would fit better. Imagine pulling outward on the tires from where it fits on the rim and you can imagine by stretching the tire how the width will bow.

Quick Reply: Will the tire fit on my rim?