Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wired my A Pillar Switch Panel today

Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wired my A Pillar Switch Panel today

I received my A pillar switch panel today. I wired it up and then did the work in the Jeep. I used jumpers between the power for the four switches and ran it to a fuse and then the battery. I used jumpers between the grounds of the four switches, then grounded it to a factory ground bolt in the engine compartment. I then ran a red, green, blue and white wire for the different color switches into a power block. While I was in there, I hard wired in my Valentine 1 radar detector and tucked that behind the A pillar panel as well.

I am now ready to get the lights I want and never have to run any wires inside the cab.

So excited. Pics coming soon.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, can I ask How difficult was this to do? I have no electrical experience but am up for anything
Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rt chips
Cool, can I ask How difficult was this to do? I have no electrical experience but am up for anything
Super easy. Installing the panel itself was fast and simple. The wiring was also easy. Each switch has 3 posts. One is ground, one is power, one is your load. I looped the grounds together and looped the power together. Then i ran a colored wire for each switch. It all went into the engine compartment. The ground is connected to a 10mm bolt on the driver side just inside the engine compartment. the power is run along the fire wall to the batter where it is connected to the battery. the color wires are connected to a power block which is zip tied to a factory harness (due to a lack of room on the engine compartment walls). So all my wiring is in the engine compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a pillar.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	447456

I hope this helps. Installing the panel comes with directions that are excelent.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I think I'm going to give this a try soon.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

You should, it really isnt that hard, it looks good.

Name:	pillar switch web.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	447581Click image for larger version

Name:	switch wiring web.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	447582

I posted the pics to show you what it looks like. I cant wait to wire in front and rear lights and my emergency lights
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can wire the same way and do some custom switches in your factory pillar too. Like this:

Name:	image-1910604795.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	447630

Name:	image-1525000645.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	447631
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's also a 10mm ground bolt on top of the A-pillar and another one near the firewall hole. You don't have to run a ground wire all the way into the engine bay.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Very clean
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fotostephen
Super easy. Installing the panel itself was fast and simple. The wiring was also easy. Each switch has 3 posts. One is ground, one is power, one is your load. I looped the grounds together and looped the power together. Then i ran a colored wire for each switch. It all went into the engine compartment. The ground is connected to a 10mm bolt on the driver side just inside the engine compartment. the power is run along the fire wall to the batter where it is connected to the battery. the color wires are connected to a power block which is zip tied to a factory harness (due to a lack of room on the engine compartment walls). So all my wiring is in the engine compartment.

Attachment 447456

I hope this helps. Installing the panel comes with directions that are excelent.
No fuses and no relais??
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eumel789
No fuses and no relais??
of course there is a fuse. The relays come later as needed.

Quick Reply: Wired my A Pillar Switch Panel today