Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Yakima Rack on 2DR Hardtop? Pics?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yakima Rack on 2DR Hardtop? Pics?

Good Morning,

I'm thinking of putting a Yakima rack on my 2DR JK Hardtop and was wondering what pieces you guys used and why. Pictures would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for some pics of mine, but cannot locate. I have a 4dr, but I am sure this would work on your 2door.

I have two kayaks - 16' & 14' so when hauling there is a sweet spot for how far apart I want the bars or rack. So I use a Yakima Raingutter set up. The front will mount into the rain gutter on the hard top. They make a very small raingutter mounting bracket that you can buy that is an easy two bolt set up for the back. I put mine in the very top rear corner of the hardtop (you woould never notice unless pointed out). Your fronts are totally adjustable (front to back in the raingutter) while your back bar is fixed (no adjustment front to back). You have a regular rack with bars set up. The simplist most secure way to transport kayaks. It takes me about 1 minute to pull off the entire rack set up and about 3 minutes to put back on. Very very easy.
You also have full access to the rear at all times. I hate my back end plugged up

If you don't have a hard top this won't work....

I bought my raingutter set up used for about 90.00. I would recommend getting the widest bars - I haul two kayaks and still have some wiggle room for more.

Quick Reply: Yakima Rack on 2DR Hardtop? Pics?