Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any rides coming up

Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
I haven't run OFR yet either but I've seen enough videos of it to scare the pants off me. At the beginning there is a double ledge climb . I've had enough people say to me "you'll be fine and won't have any issues..you just may need a little tug from time to time" but I don't think they take into account me crapping my pants while doing it! I will do it someday as I am getting more confident in my off-road abilities thanks to a lot of those side trails I've done at the Gutter. Plus, most importanly, I am learning to TRUST my spotters and not go against what they say. Much better results!
I'll get you through there Matt... no worries. Do as I say, not as I do!

We got a extra cab Taco through there last summer with 33's and a mild lift with no problem. That being said, it is not for the faint of heart. You will need some experiance to run that trail. The two hard ledges have "ILLEGAL" go arounds and "SHOULD NOT" be used. Please stay on trail or stay home. The first and hardest ledge is only a 5 min walk in from the street. I would not recomend going out there without someone who has run the trail before. At the end of the trail there is a rather large water crossing. I know a lot of you have no worries about water as you've done it before. But, again... stay on trail or stay home. The trail runs through the water. Enter straight on the trail and get out. Don't venture into the deep swamps.

This trail is one of the last real 4x4 "roads" (leagal road of travel) we have left in New England. Please respect the land owners that are adjacent to the road. We, the organized 4x4 community, have been fighting to keep this land open. Many many of our local wheeling areas are beeing or have been closed. Most of them due to people not respecting the land.

I've said it before, sorry for sounding like a broken record. If you guys join any one of the local 4x4 clubs here in NE we run monthly club runs to places like this and better all year long. The clubs have access to private land that you can not go to otherwise. We have a lot of great 4 wheeling here in NE. Most any club will allow you to attend 1 trail ride without joining the club to see if you like it. There are trail rides for most any driver skill level. And you will wheel with people that have experiance in wheeling and spotting. A bad spotter can get you into a LOT of trouble very quickly.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would be up for a run as well, especially since I have yet to meet most of you here!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who is available sat the 6th or sun the 7th?

If the day works, where?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bostonMA

If the day works, where?
I"m in depending on how far away it is
Old 10-28-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bostonMA

If the day works, where?
I think I can swing either day. Not many places to go up here in ME right now(huntin' season) so I will be driving down.

Guess I will have to rig up a dash mount for my camcorder...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I could probably do that Sunday depending on what trail it is. All my skids are up, but the vids of OFR I saw looked a bit hairy.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
I could probably do that Sunday depending on what trail it is. All my skids are up, but the vids of OFR I saw looked a bit hairy.
Here is a pretty good video of some of the obstacles at OFR including the water crossing Steve mentions above. Don't know who these guys are wheeling but that's a nice looking XJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkbAhd3nSI
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Here is a pretty good video of some of the obstacles at OFR including the water crossing Steve mentions above. Don't know who these guys are wheeling but that's a nice looking XJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkbAhd3nSI
Oh yeah, that was one of the videos I watched. haha.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sunday the 7th sounds good.

Who knows the way to OFR?, I don't thing I have been before.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

ive been dyin to wheel since i got 33's on the jeep but after that video, im definitely out this time.

Quick Reply: Any rides coming up