Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coy Hill Cleanup Day

Old 03-23-2008, 03:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coy Hill Cleanup Day

Coy Hill has come up a few times in various threads, so I thought I'd be the first to use the NE calendar and post the cleanup day.

I don't know much about this issue, but it comes up on a lot of other forums, and there's a bunch of legitimate clubs involved, so I'll put it out there. Here's the link:FOCH

I'm going to try to make it.

Last edited by scottcarp; 03-23-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

I did a google search to find this place and found this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=coy+hi...=1&sa=N&tab=wl

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325674

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=17243481

looks like it was a fun place to wheel, sad they closed it. Its 2 hours from my house according to google maps. If I have a way to get there I will but this state takes for ever.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

ScottCarp are you going with Capecod club? If I join that one before hand I'll just go with either club that needs people. I plan on bringing my trailer to help haul stuff out. Let's meet up if you go so we can meet and maybe we can ride in together. Here is the note posted on the club site. The club is all gun hoe to perform the cleanup. It's pretty much a mess and FOCH are pretty much trying to bring to lite the responsible ORV community.

Coy Hill Cleanup May 10th, 2008

Ok everyone! The time you were waiting for has arrived. We are putting together a clean up day in the Coy Hill area on May 10th, 2008. The maintenance portion will be scheduled at a later date due to environmental concerns. Details are still being worked out, but we will need shovels, hoes, rakes, gloves, and plenty of manpower to help pick up trash. If you have a camera, bring that too, as this is our chance to show the towns we are the good guys and want to make things right. We also anticipate media coverage. The meeting time will be 9am and the meeting place is TBD until we finalize details with the dumpster/transfer location. Also, we will need trucks and vehicles with trailers for rubbish removal, but I would like to try and keep vehicle impact on the roads to a minimum and carpool where we can (The dumpster location will hopefully have plenty of room for this).

In order to keep this as coordinated as possible, please reply to Zaedock@msn.com with the following info:

Name / Club
Vehicle type (Jeep, truck, etc.)
Trailer Y/N
Number of open seats

With this list, I will be able to assign cleanup teams. Trouble areas will be identified soon and maps will be assigned to every group. Also, this is a rain or shine event, so please come prepared.
Thank you all for your patience this past winter. It is greatly appreciated. I hope that we can make a difference in this troubled area.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh ya here another vid of the good ole days when it was open. I heard when wet it's useless to go as the ledge is everywhere and slick as soap on oil....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1553711126

Quick Reply: Coy Hill Cleanup Day